All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Greetings Fellow Sax Players

Dave1966

Hello from Toronto. My name is Dave. I started playing Alto in high school and when I went to University bought a Selmer Bundy II and have been playing ever since. However playing became only a few times per year as life with kids and family become priority. No regrets. However I am back! Making the time to play. Rented a Tenor last month and have been playing everyday. (Yamaha YTS 475) Who knows, maybe this is my mid life crisis? My wife should be happy cause a pro Tenor is way cheaper than a Harley...

Funny that playing is like golf (or anything you play). You reach a certain level of play and kinda stay there regardless how often you play. I'm trying to reach new levels of sound and style. Tended to learn by reading music but found you never really "learn" it until you do it by ear.

Getting back to basics and moving from there. Play sometimes with my brother in law who is an awesome blues guitar player.

Looking forward to leraning more from this community and maybe even passing on a lesson or two.

Cheers to all.

Sunray

Hey Hey Dave ...

Nice intro there mate ... :clapping:

So what style of music do you like most, who is your favourite sax artists, do you play any other instruments?

I'll not ask more questions as I reckon others will be along soon to interrogate you ... ;}

Pull up a chair mate and make yourself at home ... I'll get the Coffee's in ... :)

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Dave

Hi Dave welcome to the cafe, 1966 was a good year, well for some it was.

Chris

One sugar Sunray ta:gathering:

Dave1966

What can I say - I'm a classic rock'n roller and Blues fan but my favorites are The Bird, John Coltrane, Grover Washington - even Clarence. Just play Alto and Tenor.

Thanks for the welcome.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Dave.

1966? I was there but can't remember anything.

ENJOY!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Dave

Welcome, a much safer midlife crisis than a Harley too:welldone:welldone:welldone

Jx

johnboy

Hi Dave,Welcome aboard!
1966, hey I was just getting over 1965. That's when I chucked it all up in the air, and it only came down again a couple of years ago ;}
Dive in and enjoy the fun :thumb:

John.

Justin Chune

Hello Dave, welcome to the cafe and back to the sax. I hear that you've had weeks of 30+ degrees of heat in Toronto. Better you than me. Stay cool.

Jim.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Re: Hi Dave

It was for me.....I live through the whole of it from a mere 1hour or so into it :))) :)))
Sounds like we share a birthday - except that I lived through the whole of 1966, and the years before that and ......

Young Col

Welcome Dave.
I was there too in 1966, in my teens, and it was a very good year - not just because it was the last time England won the World Cup. It just seems so long ago now.....
YC

allansto

hi dave welcome
I have a yamaha yts 575 tenor i havent been playing long but enjoying it imensly
look forward to hearing more from you

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom