support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Greeting from sunny Manchester!!

zannad

After 17 messages I've realized there was an introductory section...so, here I go:

I've restarted playing sax about 3 years ago, after a long gap of 17 odd years...let's say that the electronic wave of synthesizers, samplers, audio processing and computer music was so interesting (still is) that I've forgotten to pick up my sax for so long (as simple as that).
Yet, there is something so intimately physical with certain acoustic instruments (especially the sax) which can't be obtained with electronic instruments.

Enough for now...after all, we say a lot about ourselves through our posts (and there are a few of mine already).

Ciao.

Hi Zannad,

Welcome, and enjoy the journey - look forward to hearing from you.

Les.

Hi zannad, welcome to the Cafe :)

Greetings from a fellow Manchester resident (that is Manchester, England, right? Not Manchester, New Hampshire, Manchester, Kentucky, ...)

Cheers

Martin

Welcome to the caff©, Zannad.

ENJOY!™

Greetings from a fellow Manchester resident (that is Manchester, England, right? Not Manchester, New Hampshire, Manchester, Kentucky, ...)

Cheers

Martin

Another Mancunian fellow then...from the one and only original Manchester (in Lancashire - of course) - I guess the "sunny" adjective in the title might have hinted to a different area but today is nice and sunny so, there you go.

Welcome from a non-Mancunian (but married to one!)
Enjoy the ride!

Another Mancunian fellow then...from the one and only original Manchester (in Lancashire - of course) - I guess the "sunny" adjective in the title might have hinted to a different area but today is nice and sunny so, there you go.

Well, born in <whisper>London</whisper> actually, but lived mostly here since 1978, so i think I'm almost accepted now.

I eas also born in London, but moved to Manchester in 57. Don't live there any more, but my parents still do. Not far from John.

Hi zannad

I'm the John that Kev mentioned,(I think),I live in Middleton where are you, I've been reading your posts about the sax you've just bought it sound very interesting,who was the tech you took it to?it wasn't John Clark by any chance was it, maybe I can have a look at it some time if you don't mind and your not too far away

You seem to be well settled in already so I'll just say welcome and keep on posting...john

And a big welcome from me, who lives the other part of the East Lancs rd :)

Hi zannad

I'm the John that Kev mentioned,(I think),I live in Middleton where are you, I've been reading your posts about the sax you've just bought it sound very interesting,who was the tech you took it to?it wasn't John Clark by any chance was it, maybe I can have a look at it some time if you don't mind and your not too far away

You seem to be well settled in already so I'll just say welcome and keep on posting...john

Hi John...I'm in messy Gorton (but things are improving).
I'm lending the TopTone TT25 to the other John (the one you mentioned) for a proper review - If you go to the WoodWind Workshop next Monday (and the few following days) you should be able to try the horn by yourself - maybe we can meet all there?.

Hi Zannad, welcome to the cafe from a quite reasonable Rugby Weather wise any way!

Sunny ever time i have been there it rains but have fun {:0

Hi zannad

Know it well (Gorton that is)I worked round there for 25yrs and lived round the corner in Thornley park for ten before moving over here

Aren't they going to change the name to East Tesco since they built the new one right on the main Hyde Rd and changed the road into the slalem tesco bypass:))):))):)))

I may be able to get over to john's place to have a look at your sax early next week.

regards

john

Back
Top Bottom