All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Great Gig on the Lake II

Taz

Busking Oracle
Sorry folks here's another shameless plug for my band Dark Side of the Wall. We've got a public gig on the 29th of July at Stanton Lakes in Leicestershire, playing a whole two hours of Pink Floyd.
This should prove to be a fantastic event. We are being supported by Nina Smith. She is an amazingly talented young lady with a great band.
During our first set, acrobatic stunt pilot, Colin Davidson, will be showing off his skills and there will be a firework finale.
Camping is available for all those die-hards and there will be hot food and out door bars!
The band has played here before and it was a tremendous night by all accounts.
If you can come along and support us it would be great to see you so don't forget to say hi.
Tickets are avaiable through the Stanton Lakes link.

Last edited:

Taz

Busking Oracle
This event is just under a week away, so I thought I'd give it a quick bump.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
What's the difference between pink and purple?

(Answers will be given out by PM if requested, this is a family forum after all! ;} >:) :blush:)
I'm not sure I know you well enough to pm you my first thought:blush:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
That's the answer.... if you're rude then your slapped wrists go pink, if very rude they go purple.
You two are very naughty go to your room. No I don't mean....... Doh.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
That's the answer.... if you're rude then your slapped wrists go pink, if very rude they go purple.
You two are very naughty go to your room. No I don't mean....... Doh.
>:) Please don't encourage him, think I may have just made him blush anyway!!! :))):)))

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Please remember this is a family forum, and we have all ages here. :mrcool

Two reprimands in one day would be just too much. Must go and have a lie down, I feel quite faint at the thought.;}

Morgan Fry

This event is just under a week away, so I thought I'd give it a quick bump.
Nice one, Taz -- I just saw a flyer for this in the Coop yesterday. Thought "that sounds like a fun gig, wonder who does it." Not working that night, I'll see if I can't talk the wife into coming out, we're only 5 minutes down the road.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Morgan,
Why not stay at home, call out the Council Noise Pollution Squad, write to the local papers regarding noisy teenagers and call in the local Residents' Association? Much more fun and of course entirely avoidable on receipt of an anonymous donation. >:)

dooce

Morgan,
Why not stay at home, call out the Council Noise Pollution Squad, write to the local papers regarding noisy teenagers and call in the local Residents' Association? Much more fun and of course entirely avoidable on receipt of an anonymous donation. >:)
"Teenagers"? At a Pink Floyd tribute concert? The audience is much more likely to be made up of the members of that local residents association!

Sorry Pete, can't make it that night but all the best for a great gig.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks Bill, (Dooce) I'm ignoring OG as he's got the devil in him at the moment! >:);}
Morgan if you do make it, please come and say hello, it'd be good to meet you.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks guy's, the nerves have well and truly kicked in! Not something I'm used too. I'm sure it'll be all right on the night!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Well the nerves were bloomin' awful, I really struggled with my solo's and wasn't too happy with the results at all. My saxes were cold as it was an out door gig and I'd had no time to warm them up. Luckily the rest of the band had their ups and downs too so that made me feel a little better. Never mind, onwards and upwards. The audience enjoyed themselves and that's what counts.

Here's the finale for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom