All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Great Busking session

wemeetagain

I had an awesome day busking yesterday in stratford on avon, just went for a couple of hours before work but made £96 to 2 hours!!! most profitable busking session ever! played Mr Magic a couple of times which was very popular!! everyone in the surrounding cafes turned their chairs to face me :) i even had an applause at the end of one song, which doesnt usually happen busknig as most people walk straight past. I was even asked if i was interested in playing in a restaurant/hotel in America, it was a great busking session, and when i started to pack up people in the surrounding cafes came to quickly put money in my sax case before i left! It was so much fun too. :)
It was amazing how much different busking can be, some days you get an amazing response other times very little.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Wow and wow again, that's an astounding amount! Were there any other buskers about? I hope your seriously thinking about taking that offer up in America

(ha ha that'll leave Stratford to me, all mine! ha ha ha)

trimmy

One day i will...
Well done wemee ! :welldone can't wait til i get to a standard when i can do something like that, and you should ask more about your offer, you never know where or what it can lead to :)

Well done

Sunray

Loads o Money ...

Ha Ha - Nice work mate ...

Lend us a fiver - lmao

That's bloomin good pay for a couple of hours practice ... :sax:

I'm surprised you can afford to go to work ... ;}

wemeetagain

Wow and wow again, that's an astounding amount! Were there any other buskers about? I hope your seriously thinking about taking that offer up in America

there were no other buskers which i noticed so that will be one strong reason why i managed to make so much! I am ofcourse thinking seriously about the america offer, we exchanged business cards so i will email him very soon to ask more :)

wemeetagain

Ha Ha - Nice work mate ...

Lend us a fiver - lmao

That's bloomin good pay for a couple of hours practice ... :sax:

I'm surprised you can afford to go to work ... ;}
I was amazed! made about 3 times for then i did working for 5 hours (as lifeguard)
I hope it happens again soon :)

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
You can't beat being paid for doing something you enjoy.

Chris

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
That's brilliant Wemeetagain,well done,what's your repertoire.It's something I've been longing to do for quite some time but I'm not sure I've got the bottle to do it so I've been building a repertoire of my own that I can play without the dots,but I'm not sure how they would go down

These are

Harlem Nocturne
Cry Me A River
God Bless The Child
Careless Whispers
I Will Always Love You
Wind Beneath My Wings
Misty
Lullaby of Birdland
Summertime
Over The Rainbow
Moon River
Unchained Melody

How do you think they would go down, and another problem I have is I'm hopeless at impro

All the best ...john

ps Kev aren't you supposed to be the moderator:)))>:)

trimmy

One day i will...
^^^^^

Nothing wrong with that list John :welldone some very good tunes, i know i would like them if i was listening to them (depending how they are played :))) ) joking.

If i could play that many without the dots i'd be out there earning lots of doshh :)

Go for it

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
That's brilliant Wemeetagain,well done,what's your repertoire.It's something I've been longing to do for quite some time but I'm not sure I've got the bottle to do it so I've been building a repertoire of my own that I can play without the dots,but I'm not sure how they would go down

These are

Harlem Nocturne
Cry Me A River
God Bless The Child
Careless Whispers
I Will Always Love You
Wind Beneath My Wings
Misty
Lullaby of Birdland
Summertime
Over The Rainbow
Moon River
Unchained Melody

How do you think they would go down, and another problem I have is I'm hopeless at impro

All the best ...john

ps Kev aren't you supposed to be the moderator:)))>:)
I'd love to hear these played, go for it :D and if you are in town let me know, might try pop along to hear them!!:welldone

Jx

old git

Tremendous Bore
Well done young Weemeat but don't forget to declare it for tax.

We wrinklies approve and encourage your busking as it pays for our pensions. >:)

AdamBradley

Wow, that's... impressive. I'm looking to get into busking myself - do you play to backing tracks, or do you just wing it by your lonesome? What kind of tunes do you play? :)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Adam, I've always found it to be better to play along to backing tracks. I think it helps people realise what the tune is. You have to remember that the public will probably only hear about 30 to 40 seconds of your tune as they walk past, so you have to make sure that what they hear in that space of time is recognisable! I also use an "Ion Tailgater" to play my tracks through. It's a great piece of kit that has an ipod dock on the top of it and the battery will last for 8 to 10 hours on one charge. It gives you plenty of volume too!

visionari1

Hi Peter,
Yep that's pretty good dosh....long may it continue, but don't bank on it happening every day

Gladsaxisme,

Go on with those tunes memorized, it is a great experience to get out there and see what happens, the worst that could happen is you make no money and you learn how to play in front of people...plus it's tremendous fun once you get over the nerves. and you meet people!

After youve played the same tune 10 times in a row you will find improv sort of just comes!

Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom