support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Grassi Alto - another vintage cheapy

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Another cheapo vintage alto. This one's a Martin Busine. Nothing to do with the US Martin company, generally thought of to be Ida Maria Grassi made. Looks very much like an early 1970s Grassi Professional (a bit of marketing hype about the professional status, I think). Has had a few knocks and has lots of use scratches. However, all the pads have been replaced, and it plays right through the range. I don't know who did the refurb work, so I'd recommend a once over from your favourite tech. Responds well to a modern mouthpiece - I played it with a metal Yanagisawa. Doesn't have a mouthpiece or sling, but I can supply basic items for nothing if needed, or a good sling and a Bari mouthpiece (new) for an extra £20. It comes in a vintage Selmer case, of the sort MkVi/MkViis were supplied in. It looks a bit tired but still provides good protection.

This one is a bargain £150. OK, it's not as smart as David's tenor one, but it's less than half the price. Postage will be £16 in the UK, more for Europe, and uneconomic beyond Europe. Alternatively, the usual deal of collection from central Lond for nowt, or delivery in South London for the same.

P1020860.jpgP1020861.jpgP1020862.jpg

Hi Jon, I'm tempted but I already purchased 2 of yours :-/ I had a massive gas attack. I decided that I want the Cleveland set up as I've not had one of these but I've had plenty of Conns. I popped the conn stencil back on mainly as I think my tech may be fairly busy and I'm quite a 'regular' customer etc. I'm a bit odd when it comes to buying saxes! Sometimes I will impulse buy and do nothing with the sax for a while, other times I will impulse buy and be very happy but then something else catches my eye and I have to fund it! This time it was a 1958 shooting stars (don't ask me why?!) lol
I'll keep an eye out if it's still for sale :)

I'm a bit odd when it comes to buying saxes! Sometimes I will impulse buy and do nothing with the sax for a while, other times I will impulse buy and be very happy but then something else catches my eye and I have to fund it!

A bit odd? I think for this forum you're relatively normal...:)))

Greg S.

Yes, I think he is, including the seller, and that's exactly the way it should be. :thumb:

Make me an offer, anyone?

I'd like to shift this one, so £125 anyone?

Hello, Am fairly interested. How much to send to France? Which Bari m/p? Does it really play? Should Betelgeuse be spelt Beetlejuice? Thanks, Warb

Sax now sold, thanks to the buyer and the forum for the facility. Donation on way shortly.