All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Grade Four

thehunt

Thought i had really fluffed up my exam. Was unwell on the day of exam.
Anyway just got a call from my teacher i passed my grade four with a merit so really chuffed with that.
Just thought i would share it with you guys.
Phil

rhysonsax

Congratulations Phil !

Which Board was it and was it jazz grade or classical/normal/standard ?

I'm going to do my first ever music exam after playing the sax for 30+ years. It's the ABRSM jazz grade 3 and I'm getting all stressy about it.

Rhys

Nick Cook

Well done Phil!! I've put my grade 4 plans on hold for the moment. Can't seem to get on with it whilst practising for the orchestra!!

thehunt

Hi Rhys, it was the ABRSM jazz tenor.
Listen i really was not well on the day and mixed up a couple of scales but don't forget you get points for each part, the most being allocated to your pieces, i really thought i would not pass but did. Just make sure you know your scales inside out and that you play your pieces with conviction and everything should be ok. The aural part although important is only part of the exam as well.

Good luck, when are you doing it anyway?
Congratulations Phil !

Which Board was it and was it jazz grade or classical/normal/standard ?

I'm going to do my first ever music exam after playing the sax for 30+ years. It's the ABRSM jazz grade 3 and I'm getting all stressy about it.

Rhys

thehunt

Thanks Nick, you know us men just can't multi task!! I had my end of year concert two weeks before my exam so come on Nick pull yer finger out... Only kidding. I know how it is, i was also a bit stressed out, what with band pieces to learn as well as the grading. Anyway i can enjoy Christmas now and plan the grade five for March next year. I saw on another post you may think it good idea to try out other peoples saxes. I will be down in Wokingham visiting the in-laws some time over Xmas, if you want to try my Mauriat you are more than welcome. All the best Phil
Well done Phil!! I've put my grade 4 plans on hold for the moment. Can't seem to get on with it whilst practising for the orchestra!!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Sir Phillip,
It has been agreed that your examination result has earned you a CaSLM saxophone medal. Once we have cashed your cheque for fifty guineas plus VAT, we will send it to you.

Otherwise, well done.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
:welldone Good for you - well done!

thehunt

Dear OG, i am honoured, but please be aware that now that i am of the grade four merititus saxophonisticus, we only deal in Outer Mongolian Groats, if the aforementioned can be used in the esteemed SARF Lunnun! then i will be happy to oblige.
But i thankee kindly...
Sir Phillip,
It has been agreed that your examination result has earned you a CaSLM saxophone medal. Once we have cashed your cheque for fifty guineas plus VAT, we will send it to you.

Otherwise, well done.

Young Col

Hey Phil, my man, well done!I've been working through the ordinary ABRSM grade 4 stuff with my teacher with the aim of probably doing 5 next year to complement the theory (always said I wouldn't do performance grades but even at my age I find I'm still competitive!).

Good stuff!
Col

thehunt

Just go for it, i think anything which help improve us as players, be it theory, doing gradings, playing in bands or doing workshops can only be good for us all. I am a bit behind with my theory.
Hey Phil, my man, well done!I've been working through the ordinary ABRSM grade 4 stuff with my teacher with the aim of probably doing 5 next year to complement the theory (always said I wouldn't do performance grades but even at my age I find I'm still competitive!).

Good stuff!
Col

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom