support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Grade 6 books?

Lewis.S

Hi,

I'm working on grade six sax, and I was wondering if there are any suggestions for some good books, I've the light touch book two.
I'm using trinity guildhall, and I would also like to know if the Debussy is any good.

Thanks in advance,
Lewis;}​

I've just had a quick look at the Trinity Guildhall Grade 6 syllabus for saxophone. It contains some great options. You might want to look at Guy Lacour's 50 etudes faciles et progressive, published by Billaudot. The syllabus mentions no. 33 in Book 2.

I'm working on grade six sax, and I was wondering if there are any suggestions for some good books, I've the light touch book two.
I'm using trinity guildhall, and I would also like to know if the Debussy is any good.

It's good but hard to make it sound right - get onto YouTube/Spotify and listen to the professionals play some of it to get into the feel! I tend to use the ABRSM syllabus, but have used the Koechlin studies in the past, quite like them.

Nick

Also strongly recommend the Trinity syllabus - there are some imaginative pieces on their list too. Re the ABRSM ones, I think there are recordings available of many of the pieces on CDs that were recorded by Kyle Horch, so you can get an idea of how they might sound.

I am also working on the Trinity Guildhall grade 6 - Currently doing Maple leaf rag and Crazy Hepcats, about to start on the Impro piece - not looking forward to that!
Good luck with yours.