supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Grade 5 Exam!

Lewis.S

Hi!

A few minuites ago my music teacher phoned up and told me the results of my first ever grade exam! It was with trinity guildhall. I got 92 out of 100 which is distinction!
I got:
21/22 piece a
21/22 piece b
20/22 piece c
12/14 scales
8/10 sightreading
10/10 musical knowledge.

Yay!
Lewis;}​

Chris98

Well done Lewis :welldone:welldone:welldone

But only 12 of of 14 for your scales! what's going on there then? Only kidding, a distinction is a wonderful result.

Which pieces did you do? I did "La Cumparsita", "Spanish Love Song" and "Don't Count On Me" - I can feel the prickling of nerves just thinking about them, not an experience I want to relive.

Best wishes,

Chris

RedBottom

Well done that sax player! I am in constant awe of people who can get top marks in grade exams. Never done any in my life!

Taz

Busking Oracle
I HATE KIDS!!!!

Just kidding, well done mate you deserve it :welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone

TomMapfumo

Well done CJ!

I must admit the ABRSM seem to have the nicest choice of music of the 3 boards of music (ABRSM, Trinity/Guildhall and London College of Music/Thames Valley University, the latter board being the only one in UK that does Jazz Grades 6,7& 8 for Brass instruments as distinct from Woodwind)

Kind regards from Skabertawe
Tom:cool:

OP
Lewis.S

Lewis.S

Wow well done! Just passed my grade five too! Not with Guildhall though, with ABRSM. Is guildhall good? What sax do you use?
Hi John,

I use a selmer super action series II selmer mouthpiece + lig and a strength 3 vandoren reed! I like the warm tone I can create.

I used trinity because in the future I shall be using It .I don't think I will be doing theory so can't do 6, 7 and 8 with ABRSM. Also Trinity is cheaper and slightly easier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I left out in the post was that the examiner though I was doing the aural exam! So I did the whole aural test before asking, "Is this musical knowledge?"
The reply I recieved was: " silly me! I'm used to people doing sightreading and aural!"

Oh well, I don't think I did to bad in the aural test, even though it didn't count!

Cheers everyone! Lewis;}

mr.bojangles

Well done, that's a great result. I'm hoping to take my grade 5 Trinity exam around xmas time.( it'll be my first ) Although several years older than you I hope to get a great result like you. You must be very proud of yourself. Any chance you could let me know what pieces you did so I can see what I've got to try and achieve. :welldone

Top Bottom