All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Got a Website? be a Cafesaxophone affiliate seller

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
I have set up an afiliate scheme for sales via the musicstore. Anyone with a website can earn 10% on stuff linked to from their site.

Anyone interested?

Fraser Jarvis

Can you tell me if this is suitable for any kind of site, or just music related ones?

Also can you say, in a bit more depth how it would work...

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
It doesn't need to be music related, but if it isn't you are unlikely to make anything out of it.

How it works is this:

I have signed up as a "merchant" to the affiliate company.

You sign up as an affiliate. It costs nothing. You then go to your account there and choose to be affiliated to my store.

They give you a tracking code to put on your site, and codes for links to my store (either the whole store or individual products, I'm not sure which yet).

Meanwhile I have deposited some hard earned dosh with this comp[any (yes we trust them).

Now whenever somebody goes to your site and clicks on the link to my site and buys something from there, your account is credited with 10% of the value of that sale, and so you earn money.

All the accounting is done by them, ie I don't have to keep track of the sales and p[ay you, they do all that.

I don't know how well it will work, but I thought I'd try it. I did this for jazzwise and made some money, I've also done it fopr Amazon and didn't even make enough to make worthwhile adding the code to my pages. So we'll see.

More info:

http://aflite.co.uk/affiliates/

Taz

Busking Oracle
Pete, I think I've managed to sign up for this, but being a technophobe I'm not 100% sure. It's a great idea though, I hope it brings in loads of income for you.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Pete, I think I've managed to sign up for this, but being a technophobe I'm not 100% sure. It's a great idea though, I hope it brings in loads of income for you.
You may have signed up to Aflite, but you then need to join my account there. Of course you can join lots of diferent accounts, but to get to mine try logging in there and searching for cafesaxophone or saxophone, or try this direct link:

http://aflite.co.uk/public/merchants/32694-Cafesaxophone (for my profile)

https://aflite.co.uk/affiliates/sign-up.php?mid=32694 (the sign up form)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
If in doubt, ring up their tech support, they are very helpful.

0844 800 9672

Taz

Busking Oracle
Whoo hooo, that was easy! What do I do now? I've added a second link on my website, is that it?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
:shocked:>:):w00t:;}:)))
It's OK, you passed.

I am going to upload some banners and things there, but meanwhile it is live, all you need do is link to the store (home page or individual products) and get people to buy.

Maybe it's time for me to start doing the T shirts and thongs again (but NOT cafepress)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Whoo hooo, that was easy! What do I do now? I've added a second link on my website, is that it?
I think so.

You now need to get somebody to buy something and then check your Aflite account.

BTW, did they give you a tracking code to put on your site? If not I guess they track it all from the code I put on my site.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
There appears to be a problem, I just received a notification that Taz earned a commission, however nothing was sold.

I will be on to technical support at Aflite tomorrow to see what is up.

If this turns out to be unreliable i will have to abort the project.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Spoken to Aflite who did some testing and agree there is a problem which they are working on. meanwhile I am temporarily closing the afiliate scheme until we know it works 100%.

(Have now deleted other posts regarding this)

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom