support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Gospel anyone?

If I may ask, where are you finding backing tracks for these? I see a reference to YouTube, so that may be the source? They sound great.

I have a folder of religious songs in the Band-In-A-Box format that I get the backings and melody line from.

This stimulated me to go and buy the music. I don't think I will manage to play it as well as you do.

Not sure which tune you are talking about but it's not a competition, all versions are good and we would love to hear your (or anyone else's) version of any tune posted here!

Last edited:
Not sure which tune you are talking about but it's not a competition, all versions are good and we would love to hear your (or anyone else's) version of any tune posted here!

I was talking about Here I Am, Lord. I realise it is not a competition, I don't have your sax playing skills, that is why I don't think I can pay it as well. Any way if I manage any thing, on my alto, that I think is worth others listening to I'll post it. Don't hold your breath though, you could be pretty blue by the time I get it posted.

Good choice I love that one Rob. Hope you get a take recorded and up here. Listening to other versions on YouTube I see mine is a bit on the fast side. A nice slow one would be more like the original if you are so inclined. Have a dang cold/cough going again so may be awhile before I post my next tune but like Schwarzenegger said, I'll be back.

Really nice Alan (finally got around to listening). The only critique I can think of is in places to be bolder, also use the upper register more. Your subtone sounds really lush though, just needs a little more variety IMO.

Last edited:
My feedback, for what it is worth, is that the recording is good, but it feels a little bit too modest - a saxophone ought to be more “in your face” than it is in this recording.

So I think that soloist should be louder in relationship to the backing track.

My feedback, for what it is worth, is that the recording is good, but it feels a little bit too modest - a saxophone ought to be more “in your face” than it is in this recording.

So I think that soloist should be louder in relationship to the backing track.
Thank you @nigeld , I have it saved as an Audacity project so I will remix it and see how it goes..

Back
Top Bottom