All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Good Time Bounce!

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Man I like that. It's aching for some saxophone. I can hear the melody, I'm whistling it as it plays. I'll have to stick something on it if you don't mind.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Very nice but were is your sax recordings on your new studio gear. Come on dude, get them coming.

Fraser Jarvis

Man I like that. It's aching for some saxophone. I can hear the melody, I'm whistling it as it plays. I'll have to stick something on it if you don't mind.
Thanks Colin, yes really got that old school dance-hall vibe don't you think? Prefer it if you didn't put anything up on the sound cloud if you don't mind Colin, we,ve already had two of his tunes pinched and credit given to the thieves from the record label, so a bit of a bad taste at the moment!

Fraser Jarvis

Very nice but were is your sax recordings on your new studio gear. Come on dude, get them coming.
Ain't at all happy with the results I'm getting Davey...once I get it sounding right you'll be the first to hear it! hehe..maybe I need one of them Andy Shepard sax's innit?

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Ain't at all happy with the results I'm getting Davey...once I get it sounding right you'll be the first to hear it! hehe..maybe I need one of them Andy Shepard sax's innit?

Just keep messing about with the ya knobs :rolleyes: its a lot of hassle but worth it.

Fraser Jarvis

Just keep messing about with the ya knobs :rolleyes: its a lot of hassle but worth it.
The frustrating bit is that I recorded Autumn Leaves last year by playing the backing track through my monitors, placing the Tascam recorder next to them and just played, actual sax sounded quite rich....now I've got all this stuff it just sounds really weak and feeble...

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Thanks Colin, yes really got that old school dance-hall vibe don't you think? Prefer it if you didn't put anything up on the sound cloud if you don't mind Colin, we,ve already had two of his tunes pinched and credit given to the thieves from the record label, so a bit of a bad taste at the moment!

OK. I understand. That must be annoying.

thesaxman71

The frustrating bit is that I recorded Autumn Leaves last year by playing the backing track through my monitors, placing the Tascam recorder next to them and just played, actual sax sounded quite rich....now I've got all this stuff it just sounds really weak and feeble...
For some recording hints i do not mind talking on skype video chat with you (it is free to do and handy) and trying to help with your recording problems as i been where you are now in that frustrating bit trying to get a decent recording sound that is also true to your live sound too and i can help talk through use of EQ and simple things like mic levels, mic positioning (even just that i was making mistakes with at 1st), over all recording set up, effects, mixing and general tips on how to get past the initial headaches of home recording.
if you want just PM me and i will pass on my skype details and when you get time we can natter live about it.
hope that is of use to you.
Ian

Fraser Jarvis

For some recording hints i do not mind talking on skype video chat with you (it is free to do and handy) and trying to help with your recording problems as i been where you are now in that frustrating bit trying to get a decent recording sound that is also true to your live sound too and i can help talk through use of EQ and simple things like mic levels, mic positioning (even just that i was making mistakes with at 1st), over all recording set up, effects, mixing and general tips on how to get past the initial headaches of home recording.
if you want just PM me and i will pass on my skype details and when you get time we can natter live about it.
hope that is of use to you.
Ian
That is really good of you Ian, will be in touch very soon, thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom