All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Good stuff for the winter season....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Two winter favourites in our household.... (as usual I’m not including weights and measures- its open to interpretation)

Pasta Fazul
fry off some pancetta cubes, onion, garlic chunks and chopped celery in a pan. half fill pan with chicken stock (plus salt & black pepper) and add cubed potatoes- boil for 10 minutes. add pasta shapes of choice, a can of cannellini or borlotti beans (including the goo the beans are in in the can as thickening) & torn basil leaves- cook till spuds and pasta a done- reducing as you go.
Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of good olive oil on top.......

Fish Chowder
cook up cubed spuds, onion and celery (plus salt, pepper and a sprig of thyme) in a small amount of water or vegetable stock until part boiled. Reduce. Add chunks of any firm fish (preferably one white type & one smoked) & prawns, top up with a small amount of milk and boil hard for about 5 minutes (reducing at the same time). At the last minute add a can of sweet corn and half a can of carnation unsweetened condensed milk. Mashing one of the potatoes into the mix helps thicken it.
Serve with good bread.....

TomMapfumo

Hi Jules!

I particularly like the Fish Chowder recipe so will do that over the festive season. You'll have to come over for a cooking weekend sometime.....................;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I am not a fan of fish chowder but John loves it so I will be trying your recipe for him. On the other hand I love the sound of the pasta and gonna make that tonight. Thanks Jules, hungry already....... where's my porridge?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
the secret with the pasta is the drizzle of olive oil before serving- it really makes a difference

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Mmmmmm - La pasta era veramente buona. L'olio ha fatto la differenza come dici tu. Grazie.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom