support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Good news improved after not playing for a while

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in Cumbria
Café Supporter
Those of you have paid attention to some of the vague ramblings that pass for my postings may have picked up that I haven't played the sax since 26 September due to an op on 28th September... :crying:

Well, the bad news is that I went back to work this week :verysadthe good news is that I picked up the saxophone for the first time today and had my lesson earlier this evening :happydance:.

My teacher, thought I'd been practising because he said my intonation had improved...:confused2: . He likes my hand position, he likes the fact that I have a firm loud sound and don't have issues with octave leaps. He had me playing chromatic scales in both registers :rolleyes:. He gave me some exercises to improve the chops...;}

So I'm a bit confused, because I have not played for 4 weeks, but pleased I was able to get straight back to it with out any squeaks or squawks (I'm losing it - I just had to check that in a dictionary..:ashamed:blush:).

He wants to start playing duets with me at next lesson

Yay :happydance::cheers::happydance:

Tenor Viol, I am starting liking you prolific postings.
28/9 is my father's birthday, and he is totally non-musical.

Sometimes not practicing or playing helps your body to absorb some skills.

Usual trick is: practice every day and don't touch the instrument for two days before the (important) gig.
... when possible.

Well done, though

I always find when playing the piano just leaving it for a while can sometimes strangely make a world of difference when coming back to it!

I think its perhaps because are minds become filled with more creativity whereas if were playing all the time your mind can sometimes hit a creative peak?

Hey just a theory as I find im exactly the same as you when I havent played for a while!
I expect your very pleased to be back and playing though! Thats a long time to go without music!! :)

I always find when playing the piano just leaving it for a while can sometimes strangely make a world of difference when coming back to it!

I think its perhaps because are minds become filled with more creativity whereas if were playing all the time your mind can sometimes hit a creative peak?

Hey just a theory as I find im exactly the same as you when I havent played for a while!
I expect your very pleased to be back and playing though! Thats a long time to go without music!! :)
Well, I did get to singing sooner - not the same amount of diaphragm pressure....

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom