Tutorials

Good Evening

Liz

Hello from thawing Central London. I started playing the sax last Christmas, after finally realising that a teacher telling me 20 years earlier that I was no good at music didn't have to be the last word on the subject. She may have been right - I'm not very good but trying to learn is so much fun!

Thanks to all of those who have contributed so much to this forum - it has been really useful.

Liz

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Good evening to you.
Welcome to the forum.
My teachers told me I was no good at anything, they were right ,but fortunately I didn't do music at school.

Stephen Howard

If it's any consolation I once had an English teacher tell me I was no good at writing. If I knew where she was now I'd send her a free copy of my book....along with a CD of me going "Muahahahahaha"

Regards,

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Liz, what do teachers know anyway (if your a teacher please ignore that last comment) I'm so glad that your enjoying your progression along the road to saxual gratification (I think I said that right :w00t:)
It just keeps getting better and better! ;}

Young Col

Welcome Liz. Enjoy learning. Actally, up above the Wandle valley, here on the North Downs it really hasn't thawed an awful lot, just the road surfaces are clear.
Colin

OP
L

Liz

Thanks for all the replies. I'm playing a Sakkusu tenor with a vandoren mouthpiece (and would echo others who have praised the team at sax.co.uk). Progress? Inconsistent. Great when I make time to practice but otherwise slow, slow and slow.

TomMapfumo

Hi Liz & welcome to the forum!

Apparently the Forum is full of mixed/no ability sax players, so you will soon feel at home................:w00t:

The Button Free Tenor Sax Man
Tom :cool:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Liz, Welcome again. From sunny Manchester this time, I hope you keep on enjoying your sax and the caff I was a bit surprised that you dived straight in to a Tenor your much braver than me good luck.

Top Bottom