Good day from Cumbria

takefive09

I'm looking for tips on playing harmonics/overtones on alto.
Anybody any ideas where I should start to look?
:sax:

Pjonah

Hi and welcome from Daventry

What do you mean by Harmonics, altissimo?

Overtones are easy, you can overblow an octave without too much effort, altissimo is a little more involved and not something I would worry too much about unless you really need to explore the outer reaches of the instrument.

Check out Petes site for altissimo fingering.

OP
T

takefive09

Hello Pjonah,

Thanks for that help.
I've had a good look at Pete's site over the years and it's not altissimo I'm bothered about.I'm new to sax playing (Clarinet for five years then I got the bug!) and my teacher was showing me the overblowing with bottom Bb keyed.The secret I believe is 'the throat position' and try as I might I cannot get above the first.So I looked at the lessons here and did not find any help.

Peter:confused:

Taz

Busking Oracle
From a Pete to a Pete... Welcome to the BR I hope you find what your looking for. On another note (did you see what I did there :w00t:) isn't it strange how many liquorice stick converts we seem to get...just shows which instrument is best ;} :sax:

OP
T

takefive09

Hey thanks Col for your info. I did find that page this afternoon so look forward to checkin it out tomorrow.
Cheers Peter

OP
T

takefive09

Welcome young Pete, there was a song called, "Every Tom, Dick and Harry's called John." but not Pete.
Be gentle with us Southerners but enjoy your stay.
He he he I love that thanks your'e in the company of THE old git here man!

Top Bottom