support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Good afternoon Folks from Birmingham, England

PorkPiePat

Hello Folks

It's great to be amongst beginners, improvers and masters like yourselves who have come to enjoy and appreciate the more subtler, dare I say more enriched, sounds and music which unfortunately is considered too oblique, perhaps even esoteric by general society. I'm looking forward to any matters of opinion you all might have regarding our beloved saxophone instruments and the sounds which are produced from such. Is there anybody here from the Midlands?

Thank you all folks for the warm reception. I feel very welcomed. Taz: I will own up towards having an appetite for the humble pork pie every once in a while; I just thought I'd make a subtle nod to one of my favourite Mingus tracks for my username.
Thanks again brothers, I'm looking forward to 'having a chat' with you all in good time :)

Hi PorkPiePat

Welcome to the cafe hope you enjoy the fun and info available,and greetings from sunny Manchester...I (ALWAYS!!!!) lie about the sunny part...john

Q:How do you tell a Mancunian on the beach in Benidorm........A:.WEBBED FEET

Hi PorkPiePat,

Welcome to the Cafe! The place full of nutters, I mean saxophonists :)))

I like wearing Porkie Pie Hats as my musical hat but will be seen in a Trilby the rest of the time :D

You never said what saxophone you play nor the type of music you enjoy. We're a nosy lot so let us know ;}

Happy blowing from the wet and windy Isle of Man,

Paul

Hi P3!

My wife hails from Tamworth, if that helps! A big Welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind. Glad to have you aboard and look forawrd to getting to know a bit about you, and not just your appetite! So, what do you play, what music do you like/listen to/play, and what is the music scene like in Brum? Been playing long.....etc., etc.....

Kind regards
Tom

Hi PorkPiePat

Welcome to the cafe hope you enjoy the fun and info available,and greetings from sunny Manchester...I (ALWAYS!!!!) lie about the sunny part...john

Q:How do you tell a Mancunian on the beach in Benidorm........A:.WEBBED FEET

This requires instant moderation. Everyone knows that Manchester enjoys an average eighteen hours of sunshine per day.

Welcome Porkpiehat and of course the reference in Mingus is to Lester Young, one of the greats of jazz sax.
Now when my son started at Salford Uni he was told it was untrue about the persistent rain. Rather it only rained twice a year there - once for eight months and once for four months...
YC

Back
Top Bottom