support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Going solo

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Last Tuesday, I played at our local day hospice - it was a lovely sunny day, and I set up outside on the patio under a large parasol.
Some of the day patients came out and sat in the sun and were a brilliant and responsive audience.

On Wednesday, I will be playing at a Sight Concern afternoon tea session. I have played there before with my quartet, but never alone.

Then yesterday, I was in town when I noticed that the Book Co-operative were advertising for musicians of any sort to do 20 minute slots throughout the day next Saturday as part of National Book Week. So I popped in and signed up.

That will be my first solo performance to "Joe Public". Up to now it's always been a tame audience!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Good luck Mandy, I am sure you will be fine, most audiences are appreciative, you have had some practice playing alone, enjoy and let us know how it it goes :)

Jx

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Locality
Sunny Aberdeenshire
Good luck - I'm sure you'll do well. You're so lucky to have these opportunities to play. Enjoy!

Alc.

Locality
High plains of N/W New Mexico.
You'll knock 'em out! Go for it!

Alc.

Locality
High plains of N/W New Mexico.
They'll be on the ropes from so much applause and constant encores. These boxing similes are wearing me out; the girl will do fine.

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Locality
Greenfield, Nova Scotia, Canada
Very good, cool, hope it all goes well.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Go for it Mandy, you will be fantastic. Just make sure that you enjoy yourself!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Just had a brilliant afternoon at Sight Concern.

Also just realised I need some business / contact cards! :eek:

I was asked by 3 separate people if I would like to perform in their concerst, as a guest performer!

Also, not only did I get paid in strawberries, cake and cups of tea, I was given an envelope containing real, folding ones!! Which I hadn't expected.
(Money to those non UK cafe members)

:D

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Congratulations Mandy :clapping:

Vistaprint are cheap for cards !

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Well Done Mandy, I might have you leading a group in Cardiff yet ;)

You can hone your tutor skills :)

Jx

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Sounds good.
What do you play? Do you have recorded backing?
Yes, I have sheet music and recorded backing tracks, from CDs or downloaded.
I have all the tracks on my iPad, which fits in a holder on my music stand, and this runs through a TDK SoundCube, as a speaker/amplifier.
I have picked music mostly from 1940s to 1960s, mainly because of the age of the audience.

Vlad

Locality
S/E UK
:thumb:Epic ! I was going to ask about your repertoire but you've already answered that...Top stuff !

Top Bottom