All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Glass

trimmy

One day i will...
I think i need a change of career into the glass industry, before this all happens !!!

Zeus

"The Way of the Future"...i would comment...by the way, anyone remember from which movie this was a famous line from?:)

Zeus

And the Oscar goes to Chris!:thumb:

It was a very interesting movie. Innovation and pioneering always, and sadly are fought with menace, just because competitors don't want anyone to stand out.

Speaking of the Glass video, that hopefully will get to mainstream applications, i fear it will also be like the beautifull design cars, that on paper look fantastic, as prototypes even more hitech and sadly when they get to be produced, some ugly magic makes it look like a box with wheels, or an eggshell with lights, completely different to the prototype.

Hopefully they can't really mess up a glass screen design, like they do with automobiles for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhysonsax

Interesting stuff - but worrying too. Technology leading social change without people deciding whether or not it is for the better.

Already over the last few years we see huge numbers of people who stare into screens for hours on end, often in preference to interacting with other human beings. It's getting to the point of addiction - look at people on trains, in meetings, in restaurants and at home. I often see young couples out for a meal together where one or both of them are looking into their smartphones and hardly talking to each other - is this a good idea?

Rhys (now officially a grumpy old man)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Interesting stuff - but worrying too. Technology leading social change without people deciding whether or not it is for the better.

Already over the last few years we see huge numbers of people who stare into screens for hours on end, often in preference to interacting with other human beings. It's getting to the point of addiction - look at people on trains, in meetings, in restaurants and at home. I often see young couples out for a meal together where one or both of them are looking into their smartphones and hardly talking to each other - is this a good idea?

Yes, agreed. And I email my wife from home to her at home, cos my computer is in the cellar, and she's in the lounge. So I send her an email when I find somethign I think would interest here - like on youtube for isntance.... memo to self - must talk more!!!

trimmy

One day i will...
I often see young couples out for a meal together where one or both of them are looking into their smartphones and hardly talking to each other - is this a good idea?
Wow !!! This is so true, we (cabbies) were talking about this last night about how hard it is to interact with passengers of a certain age, as soon as they get in a cab the smartphone comes out then it's silence for the majority of the journey.
I have also seen the restaurant scenario as Rhys mentions, if i'm out with the wifey having a meal my phone stays in the car, i mean i don't want to be disturbed whilst eating !!! >:) do i ?

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I often see young couples out for a meal together where one or both of them are looking into their smartphones and hardly talking to each other - is this a good idea?

Yes, it prepares them for when they're older and don't speak to each other anyway.

As to the video the safety glass in the car must be good, the lady isn't wearing a belt.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom