All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

give me a teacher! :)

Dáni

Hello Everybody!

It's a great opportunity to help a fresh hatched saxophonist,who only has the ears and the instrument for the buisness, but not the other things...:) I'm 22 to, and I decided to study saxophone. I just arrived to Warsaw and I'm looking for a master, who can lead me into the jungle. If any of you have any advice or tips, please dont hesitate to write me!

Best regards,
Dániel Miklós

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe Daniel,
I hope your journey with your saxophone is an enjoyable one.
There are lots of friendly people here, with lots of useful advice.

Have you tried asking at a local shop which sells musical instruments? they might have a list of saxophone teachers?
Or maybe ask the music teacher at a local senior school? they might be able to suggest someone?

MartinL

Hi Daniel, welcome aboard, I hope you get along to Tygmont, my favourite spot in Warsaw, you will meet some good players there and you can usually get them to chat. (even in English if needed)

Taz

Busking Oracle
I can't help with teachers, but I hope you enjoy your journey through the beautiful world of the saxophone.
Welcome to the cafe!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome Dani

Hope you find a teacher soon, enjoy your journey with the sax.:)

Jx

Dáni

Hi Martin,
thanx fot the idea, I'll visit the place tomorrow. The website is not available, though. I hope it still exist, because pubs have a bad habbitant here in Warsaw, they close in every 2 years, and start some new buisness in oder places...polish people like diversity...:)

Dáni

Hey!:)

Thank you everyone for the warm greetings! I didnt write since long, but at least I practised every day. :)
(It took me some time to rediscover my password for this website, but I menaged today...)

So the news are: I found a good teacher, the name is Ray Dickaty. Actually it was easyer to find him, than the accomodation here in Warsaw. Polish landlords prefer polish language....surprising, isn't it? Best thing: polish answer for your english mail. Dont wish that to anyone. Its specially anoying when you have a low bugget and you don't know were to sleep next evening. Bytheway! Warsaw have beautifull parks, it's worth to see them! ;) Anybody, who said first that this city is ugly, was drunk or blind a little.
So, finally I got my room, and the best thing: I live here since 4 weeks and nobady said nothing about my saxophone practising. They have some sympathi for my G-major scales.:) God is with me...

Step by step I'm getting better, really little steps, but I always enjoyed long journeys.
I hope, that everybody has the instrument, and the time for playing.

God bless Mark Turner and the Fly Trio and have a nice evening!

Peace,
Dáni

ps.: I read somewhere that Marks tenor was stolen by a taxidriver few years ago. Do you know the end of the story??
I'm affraid it wasn't a happy end, but maybe... Anybody any information?

MartinL

Dani I may be able to help you with an English speaking landlord in Warsaw, my wife's sister has an apartment in Paga district and often rents out her spare room. I can send you a phone number if you need.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Welcome Dani

I'm glad you've found yourself a good teacher. Ray is a member of the Cafe and is a good bloke.

Andrew

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom