All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Gilad Atzmon, Pizza express, jazz cafe, soho, last night.

breathless

Saw Gilad Atzmon at the pizza express jazz cafe last night and I have to say he was fantastic.
It's the 1st time I've seen him and I'm glad I did.
He was with his band/ensemble, the Orient house ensemble who were on fire (not literally), double bass man lost some weight in sweat the young 25yr old drummer was spectacular and new member ben Davis on chelo along with pianist all went to make for a musical extravaganza.

Along with Gilads drawn out dry humor made for a brilliant eveni, totally spellbinding.

Definitely worth seeing if you haven't, and they played new material for the first time.

Lee.

dooce

I saw him last year with Sarah Gillespie at The Stables, Milton Keynes - also a fabulous evening - and many times with The Blockheads. A very talented, multi-layered gentleman is Mr Atzmon - multi-genre multi-instrumentalist, composer, wit, writer and passionate intellectual.

Some people just wear you out, they're so talented..........

ArtyLady

Glad you enjoyed it - he is a great player and a great entertainer isn't he! :thumb:

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Unfortunately, on the only time I've seen him he was doing his Charlie Parker impersonation. I left halfway through. I was bored stupid. I'd love to see the Orient House bunch though.

TomMapfumo

Seen the OHE three times now - great chap Gilad, really approachable and sounds good with his Selmer Ref54 Alto, Morgan Fry mouthpiece and Marca Jazz reeds (and his obvious talent, too!)

Glad you enjoyed it, Lee!

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom