All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

M/Pieces - Ligs "Gettin' The Band Back Together"

dafiwhite

Well it's been about twenty years since I've played as a semi-pro saxaphonist. I am a jazz traained musician and as I have stated it's been sometime since I've blown. Heret's my question I am putting out there for all sax players; Do I use a student mouthpiece to train my embrasure?

I have a Runyon 6 that I played with back in the day I also have a C* whitch would be better, I be playing a Pro Cannonball Sax. Any suggestions fellow saxmen?

johnboy

Go with the Runyon. I started again after forty years abstinence, and used similar kit to my professional days with no problems.
It's like riding a bike, you never forget!

John.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luluna

Café Supporter
Well it's been about twenty years since I've played

You're in good company - I took a 20+ year hiatus, back on the sax 3 years ago - haven't stopped since. Try them both, but I'd keep the Runyon, your chops will come back faster than you think - the sore lip feels familiar doesn't it? :)

Just don't make the same mistake I made and try to play it with the 20 year old reed as well!

Best of luck and enjoy - you'll never put your sax down again.

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Watch it Rudy or next time we meet, your glass will be filled with hemlock.:old:>:)

Wonder if that works on modern Vikings?:confused:

Hehehe, thought it might wind you up a bit. :)))
I know it used to be good enough for Socrates, but I've never taken likings to them Hellenistic flavours.:rolleyes: Some dried fly Amanita on the other hand...

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom