support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD genuine selmer SBA-style alto saxophone neck in silver plate

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
Price of Item
£300
the attentive may have noticed my as yet futile attempt to sell my mk VI alto. I bought it a solid silver selmer neck probably designed for a series III and it plays so nicely (with a bit of ptfe plumber's tape round the tenon) that i'd be loathe to part with it at the moment, but this frees up the silver-plated SBA-style neck I was using on the thing beforehand. i do not know what era this neck is - no number - but it would fit any selmer alto from the SSS period on, it's exactly like the one I have in my 'new wide bore' which dates from 1935, I think. so anything up to and including a mark VI, since that what I was using it with.... it makes a mk VI a bit grainier and doesn't spoil the intonation enough for me to notice - you can make your own judgement about that! I ask £300 as a guide and am happy to discuss offers - I would have asked for offers but this is not permitted.

thanks pete. I see. it was just my wording, then, I wrote 'offers'. in any case, this will probably work, if anyone's interested.

3 necks 3.JPG that's three necks. sba style neck 1.JPG but we are talking about this one.
sba style neck 3.JPG

in full working condition and complete with authentic badge.

okay, this is definitely SOLD. I shall now try to work out how to pay the fee.

unfortunately I have tried 4 times, by entering the amount I need to contribute in the box on the yardsale page, but when I go to my cart it tells me it is empty. I am bewildered and await advice.

unfortunately I have tried 4 times, by entering the amount I need to contribute in the box on the yardsale page, but when I go to my cart it tells me it is empty. I am bewildered and await advice.
Did you use this page here Yardsale

Jx

yes, I entered the amount I thought I should pay, 5% of the selling price. should I have entered the full selling price? (this is not made clear). I also entered a pound sign (thus:£). should I have just entered the numbers?

Just enter the donation amount no sign

Jx