support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Gemini 140 pmx pre amp mixer

tom9437

Hi i have just bought a Gemini 140 pmx pre amp mixer from a car boot thought it might come in handy for recording my sax on the p.c. however i dont know what i am on about lol So my question is [ will it be of use to me ? And does anyone know a little about them and there worth many thanks Tom.

losaavedra

Hi i have just bought a Gemini 140 pmx pre amp mixer from a car boot thought it might come in handy for recording my sax on the p.c. however i dont know what i am on about lol So my question is [ will it be of use to me ? And does anyone know a little about them and there worth many thanks Tom.
Well, Google will tell you about what you have and whether you have a 'bargain' or not ... and also maybe whether you have something useful to you (or not!).

As a pre-amp/mixer its main area of use is related to DJ work.

They seem to be offered at around 46 Quid on ebay, also there is a review of sorts here:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/dj-equipment/gemini-pmx-140/317084/

I get quite a lot of stuff at car boot sales (Rastros here in Spain ... like 'flea markets' in France) but its always pot luck. My 'good ones' include a Sennheiser M40 shotgun mic (boxed with all the cables and mic stand attachments) for 5 Euros (best sounding mic I have!), also a Technics SL-D30 direct drive turntable, so I can play all me old vinyls ... for 6 Euros. I also buy a lot of ex-PC powered speaker units (five sets so far) for between 3 and 5 Euros a shot ... and convert them into usable music amps for around the house. Mixers are debateable things, though, in my opinion. For PC mixing, as one usage example, I go to Audacity to get my tracks more or less balanced with (say) backing tracks. Enough for me for that purpose. I do actually have a 4/6 channel 400W powered mixer ... but I don't use it for anything at all sax orientated as yet (it gets used more frequently as a bass guitar amp head running into a couple of 15" horns!). So ... fat lot of use my contribution to this thread ... hope others here can do better justice!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom