Tutorials

G'Day from the land downunder

Saxade

A little about myself ... Currently a resident of Western Australia (30 years) after moving from Tasmania. Bought my Selmer Mark VI Tenor from new, about
1967 -68 Played mainly in cover bands and cabaret. Only recently started to renew my aquaintance with my horn. Wide range of music interests ... lover of jazz & blues...

Speak soon...

losaavedra

¡Hola! and welcome to the BR from Spain. My sister has lived in W.A. (Lesmurdie near Perth) since the 60s. Have fun here, its a very friendly place!

OP
Saxade

Saxade

Hi Mike
That is where I live (Lesmurdie .. in the hills of perth)
Small world :shocked:

Regards Adrian

Pee Dee

Hi,
I had a two week visit to Freemantle in the RN in the sixties, any good?
Guess this is your winter now, so you must be having similar weather to us:)))

OP
Saxade

Saxade

Hi Ade,

Going for broke on the small world topic here....
I lived in Launceston Tasmania when I was 10!!!

How did I get on?
:confused:
Close.. :welldone Have relatives there, but I lived on the North West Coast a place called Burnie

oldcorollas

hey i have a friend from Burnie (iirc?)
She said they used to do some sport which consisted of cross-scountry running between pubs :) (i forget what it was called)

Welcome!

Young Col

Welcome Adrian and enjoy.
I have a friend who went to Oz as a £10 pom and then came back, so you wouldn't know him. I just said it to keep up with the others though.
Colin

OP
Saxade

Saxade

Thanks for your warm welcome

I have found a repairman that knows his stuff ... In fact I have just come back from talking to him. This tenor of mine has hardly been blown in the last 25 years ... even so pads don't last for ever ( they are all a bit flakey).
The guy had one look at it and said "I don't think you know what you have got here!" (As it turns out I had just had it recently valued ... for insurance purposes ... So I did) He went on to say he had not seen MarkIV for years and not one in such good condition. Which makes feel not so bad about parting with my hard earned for the overhaul ... I think ... But I have not seen the quote yet :shocked:

Regards Adrian

thehunt

Big hello from Essex, was in Perth in March this year, beautiful place, only had three days though before moving onto Melbourne and Sydney. I have family in those cities.
Enjoy the forum, Phil

Lloyd

Welcome Adrian,

I've got some friends who are living in Waga Waga (I believe it's pronounced differently to the spelling!). Left rainy old blighty with the intention of moving back in a couple of years; that was 5 years ago.

Top Bottom