SYOS

GarageBand Tutorial

Chris98

Hi,

I have a friend who is just getting into GarageBand, he wants to keep tabs on his progress and to record himself playing along to his favorite backing tracks.

I'd promised to do a basic introduction to GarageBand for him which I've now done and thought I'd offer it here to anyone who might find it useful.

If you are interested please PM me with your e-mail address, the tutorial is a 6 page PDF with lots of pictures and is just under 4MB in size.

This is the first version and although I hope I've made it clear and got all the details right if you find anything amiss please let me know so that I can correct it.

All the best,

Chris

half diminished

Chris

Thanks for the tutorial, it seems very comprehensive and yet GarageBand now seems much easier to use than I thought it was. Have no time to try this tonight but I will do in the next day or so. Cheers! :welldone

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
That sounds great, normally that would be too large to upload here, but I could arrange that if you want to upload it.

OTOH, I am wondering how a 6 page PDF can be so large. Did you maybe use raw photoshop or tiff images rather than (high quality) jpegs?

Anyway, I'd love to see the tutorial.

OP
Chris98

Chris98

That sounds great, normally that would be too large to upload here, but I could arrange that if you want to upload it.

OTOH, I am wondering how a 6 page PDF can be so large. Did you maybe use raw photoshop or tiff images rather than (high quality) jpegs?

Anyway, I'd love to see the tutorial.
Hi Pete,

I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on it, how do I send you a copy?

I'll look into getting the size down, your right it's most likely the images as they were tiffs, Grab only seems to do tiffs and I didn't think to convert them.

All the best,

Chris

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I'll PM you my email address.

Ideally you want to convert tiffs to jpegs - usually medium quality is fine. You can do this in Photoshop (or Photoshop elements which is a lot cheaper), but also some free or nearly free apps like GraphicConverter.

Come to think of it you can probably do it in iPhoto.

OP
Chris98

Chris98

I'll PM you my email address.

Ideally you want to convert tiffs to jpegs - usually medium quality is fine. You can do this in Photoshop (or Photoshop elements which is a lot cheaper), but also some free or nearly free apps like GraphicConverter.

Come to think of it you can probably do it in iPhoto.
Hi Pete,

A little work in Photoshop and the size has been reduced to 924KB, I've made a few subtle revisions as well.

All the best,

Chris

OP
Chris98

Chris98

Hi Dave,

No, I don't think I ever uploaded it as that was in the days before DropBox. Anyway, here is a link, although it might be a little out of date as it was for GarageBand 08:

Quick Guide PDF

Best wishes,

Chris

Top Bottom