All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Galaxy where no man has gone before Episode 2.

navarro

Hi Everyone, an update for all who have been following and given advice on my thread re the Galaxy 10.1.

Today I returned it to a well known retailer and after two hours of technical claptrap and playing on my rather nice but terribly confused senior citizen role they gave me a full refund.

I had never been terribly happy with it since purchase day but could not return it because I broke seals and wrapping on the packaging etc. The machine must have not been happy with it`s new master because it developed the dreaded `oil slicks` or Newton Rings to use the technical jargon. It also refused to compatabilise itself to the `Ice Cream Sandwich` their (Samsungs) latest operating system.

So armed with the aforesaid premise I presented my case. Their defence being you have to use some sort of micro impregnated cloth to clean the screen and this will get rid of the oil slicks. (Which incidentally they had never heard of.) I then closed my argument with `And how about the `Ice Cream Sandwich`

The case collapsed and a refund duly given. :welldone

I then painfully made my way to the entrance and gave all concerned a nice wave while holding on to the doorpost of the establishment, this elicited sympathetic smiles from staff and customers alike and I exited whistling off key but happily `Goodbye Pork Pie Hat.` Best regards N.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Well done that man. I hope none of their staff are sophisticated enough to hang out here... I've still got one amchine on Hardy Heron, but we'll leave that for another day.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Sorry to hear your travels through the galaxy were futile,especially as I feel I coaxed you on yor way,glad to hear you got your money back well done,your journey leaves me to wonder if it would have been a different story had you gone for the iPad Live Long And Prosper......John

navarro

Sorry to hear your travels through the galaxy were futile,especially as I feel I coaxed you on yor way,glad to hear you got your money back well done,your journey leaves me to wonder if it would have been a different story had you gone for the iPad Live Long And Prosper......John
Hi Gladsaxisme and thanks, no blame attached to you whatsoever. I made the decision and it has taught me not to be impulsive. Tablets are on the back burner now. I am looking at a gadget which peels potatoes, carrots etc. now. Funny how when you reach a certain age technology becomes almost obsessive.>:) Question to myself what do I need a a gadget like that for? answer, due to the economic deterioration I had to let my cook go Ha Ha . Best regards N.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom