All profit supporting   special needs music

Gabriel's Oboe - backing track

JonTheReeds

Does anyone know where I can get a decent backing track for Gabriel's Oboe? I've had a look on the net and can only find really bad MIDI ones. I'm quite happy to pay for a good one - just piano would be fine, or full orchestra even better

c9off

Locality
London SE/Kent & Rickinghall
hi john

Have a look at PureSolo's website: https://www.puresolo.com/embedded/43/recordings/new?track_id=26649 (Alto)

You can purchase online, but to be honest the website is so hard to navigate around you'd be better off just buying the 'red' book for under a tenor (if you like it!!)

There are 100(s) of dots with backing on this site, freely available to anyone with 'too much time on their hands' (to which I have been accused of!).

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Hmm....You've given me an idea. You are supposed to be able to import a sound file into Band In A Box and it gives you the chord changes to create your own accompaniment. I wonder how it would work with an orchestral piece?

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I've done that with an mp3 of a big band, so it should work with an orchestra. It still needs quite a bit of faffing to make it usable. I'm still finding my way around the programme though.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
This thought came to me after I went to bed. Gabriel's Oboe Music Minus One. I was hoping to find one with a recorded orchestral accompaniment, but they don't have that.

Jamesmac

My experience is with midi files from the net, is that you need to tweak them, some more than others, but usually when you do, they can sound very good.

JonTheReeds

Thanks to everyone for their help, I think I have enough to be working on. The BIAB tip sounds too good to be true! I'll give it a go this week

agganitk

Hello

Where I can find backing track of this song? It will be great if I can find BIAB file.

Thanks

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I've just googled Gabriel's oboe again. How the internet has changed in 3 years. Some very strange filmmakers have been let loose. I've deleted my browsing history just in case.:eek:

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom