PPT mouthpieces

FULL version - Prelude to a kiss.

thesaxman71

Account Closed
Last edited by a moderator:
It took me just before the minute mark to get tuned in, but from that point on i enjoyed very much the rendition of this classic song.

It took me just before the minute mark to get tuned in, but from that point on i enjoyed very much the rendition of this classic song.
Thank you, i was switching off the original version at first after just 5 seconds when i was listening to it in the past, BUT i decided to listen through it fully and i am so glad i did as it is a really well structured melodic piece so i figured i would record a version with a hint of the authentic but really try and make it my own rendition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely stuff Ian.

Rhys

PS I saw from YouTube that you are a Trewhella - great Cornish name and lots of them in my wife's family.

Lovely stuff Ian.

Rhys

PS I saw from YouTube that you are a Trewhella - great Cornish name and lots of them in my wife's family.
Indeed i am, and thanks, but the Trewhella's on my blood line are a dying breed and only 3 of us left so i guess we could be classed as vintage and maybe worth a fortune if we were in the sax world of thinking!:))):))):)))

Great version Ian, very enjoyable.

Chris..

Nice sweet alto tone.Very chilled blow.Good stuff indeed.Mr Ellington wrote many fantastic tunes for sure.

Beautifully played and totally engaging for the listener. Excellent Alto chops.

Love it Ian. You sound awesome on that Dukoff.
Just the way I like alto - bright and spiky.

Love it Ian. You sound awesome on that Dukoff.
Just the way I like alto - bright and spiky.
Thanks Vaughan, i appreciate you like my sound...
I will try and get round soon to doing a version of your BOTM, maybe on alto too.
Ian

I listened yesterday and thought it was a great rendition with some really special improvisation Ian. You must do a hell of a lot of listening to have developed such a diverse and large range of technique and ideas. Thanks for letting us hear the process.:mrcool

I listened yesterday and thought it was a great rendition with some really special improvisation Ian. You must do a hell of a lot of listening to have developed such a diverse and large range of technique and ideas. Thanks for letting us hear the process.:mrcool
Thank you for the comments, very nice words...
As for my technique and improvisation idea's the answer to that is i have really immersed myself into my music and mainly jazz for many years, listening to players who "do it for me" and i kinda adapted their way of thinking and styles on different tunes and instruments i play..It ain't easy and is energy sapping and i try to learn or do something everyday but i think worth it, i just love music and in particular sax playing.

Hey, thankyou! I'm the 3 month beginner, determined to play this through by the end of July and I am inspired again, as running through this piece with notes from wikifonia every day as many times as possible is tedious at times. Now I play along with your version and am beginning to get another feel into it - other than Johnny Hodges. I was ready to swop to Autumn Leaves or La Paloma but I'm happy with this again. Anybody else with a version to post please?

Hey, thankyou! I'm the 3 month beginner, determined to play this through by the end of July and I am inspired again, as running through this piece with notes from wikifonia every day as many times as possible is tedious at times. Now I play along with your version and am beginning to get another feel into it - other than Johnny Hodges. I was ready to swop to Autumn Leaves or La Paloma but I'm happy with this again. Anybody else with a version to post please?

I am so glad to have inspired you, and it is always a nice feeling to do something positive...Yes my version differs from Hodges version, in that his was a very nice authentic for that time sound and timeless, great alto player but this is just my own version and my own style of playing on this piece with a more modern approach but with references to the past incorporated in it.

Back
Top Bottom