PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

FS; Sakshama Studio G Handmade Bronze mp,90 tip

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Fantastic handmade bronze mp by the great Sakshama.Studio G 90 tip.His take on a Guardala studio mp but he adds his magic touch and plays with more warmth than any DG.As in new condition,this cost me close to $500.00 when the customs got me.He sells them at $375.00 plus shipping.Sell £200.00,I get postage and donation. 100_3929.jpg100_3924.jpg100_3935.jpg

Davey, Davey, Davey ........ I thought this one was THE ONE !

By the way, I'm guessing that this is an alto with its 90 tip ?

Rhys

Hope you find a good home for that beauty, I'm drooling and I don't even like metal mouthpieces - I thought I'd kicked the habit, but here I am again, lusting after mouthpieces. If only I could get a paying gig...

looks like there's some pictures here on Sakshama's photo album - https://plus.google.com/photos/1068...825855321850509556/albums/5605335631079442273

Thats a different studio G he done in silver plate.That was done for a guy on SOTW in the USA that i talk to.Mines in bare bronze and i got him to sign it when he made it.He has made me a bunch of tenor G's also and a Florida link

Hmm...

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose you have any idea how this might compare to a Lawton 7*B.

Hmm...

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose you have any idea how this might compare to a Lawton 7*B.

More free blowing than a lawton.Can get that Sanborn,Dufler sound nice on it.It has a very nice warmth with just right amount of edge.I like lawtons on tenor but the alto lawtons i tryed just did nothing for me.

Hmm...

I have got on well with Lawtons on alto as well as tenor, bari and soprano. I seem to see professionals playing them most on bari, then tenor - seldom on alto (although my old teacher, Ken Stubbs plays beautifully on his Lawton alto) and never on soprano.

I think the alto Lawton 7* has a tip opening of 0.085" so this one of Davey's is a little more open.

Not much in it though and Davey has described the sound differences.

Rhys

I have got on well with Lawtons on alto as well as tenor, bari and soprano. I seem to see professionals playing them most on bari, then tenor - seldom on alto (although my old teacher, Ken Stubbs plays beautifully on his Lawton alto) and never on soprano.

I think the alto Lawton 7* has a tip opening of 0.085" so this one of Davey's is a little more open.

Not much in it though and Davey has described the sound differences.

Rhys

Lawton altos that i have blew all seemed to have a real metalic bright sound.They were a B or BB and the BB is for rock i know but i found them to intense bright.

Lawton altos that i have blew all seemed to have a real metalic bright sound.They were a B or BB and the BB is for rock i know but i found them to intense bright.

I wouldn't have called mine metallic sounding.

Hmm...

What the hell.

PM sent.

Yes Sakshama did me a one off Guardala MB11 tenor piece with rails cut into it so i can use a Lawton ligature, an amazing piece i have to say.

I can't comment on the alto version as i've never seen one but in comparison to my Lawton 7*BB tenor piece it's a bit more free blowing, bit more responsive, a lot louder and a fair bit brighter....

Back
Top Bottom