All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

From Sunny Florida

George

Well it's been one month since I started on this journey of the Saxophone.

I have bought three saxophones, a Cellio Soprano, a Alpine DeHan Alto, and a Jean Batiste Alto.

I returned the Soprano to Mendini Musical Instruments in California and had no difficulty, the money was refunded within one week of returning.

I bought the Alpine from my instructor for $200, I later found out the Octive key wasn't working all the time and then later saw similiar horns selling for $85 and $135 on eBay. I still have the Alpine.

It's a learning process.

I just bought a two year old Jean Baptiste Alto JB185AL, and it is beautiful. Not even a scratch anywhere. Two mp's, Gold Gensis jazz mouthpiece , a Body brush ,a Rovner Dark Lig. and 3 Rico reeds a great case, a cleaning swab and another lig for $275.

All this in a month. I can now play a low D to middle D scale with some consistancy. And play a few easy tunes. They sorta sound like they should.

I'm practicing daily, up to about 45 minutes of practice each time before the lower lip seems to feel a little tender, so I stop, not really wanting to stop, but I figure if I push it further, the next practice session may not go as well.

George

Hudson, Florida

PS: I enjoy reading all the posts here and on SaxontheWeb. They give encouragement to a beginner like myself.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Sounds good. Pity about the sop. Check the octave key on the alpine, the seller should fix it under warranty.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hello George

Welcome aboard, there are lots of useful tips available in the cafe to help you on your way,hope you enjoy being with us...john

Young Col

Welcome George. Enjoy the journey!
Hope you don't mind me drinking your orange juice every morning.
YC
ps Bill - We might let you get away with coprighting "caff" but I don't think you can TM a figure of speech!

George

Thanks everone, for the warm replys.

I'm glad to be here, and enjoying every minute.

George

Two Voices

Hi George,

Welcome to the Cafe! You seem to have been bitten by the GAS Bug that's flying around here at the moment! Unfortunately no known cure yet! :))) However, you seem to be off to a flying start when mastering the saxophone!

I'd give the Alpine back to the instructor and get my $200 back >:)

Now for the nosey question - what music do you like?

Happy blowing,

Paul

les3716

Hi George, Welcome to the Cafe - Like paul I think you have caught the bug!

Maybe you can help us find the cure lol.

Enjoy the trip,

Les.

Pauline

Subscriber
Hi George! a big welcome from me.
Enjoy the forum - it's a great place to pick up all sorts of tips and info!

Pauline

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom