All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Freedom Jazz Dance.....

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
I got picked this month on SOTW to pick TOTM and i picked Freedom jazz dance.Just got a great funky track off Chris a few hours ago so heres my quick version on it.Thanks Chris,again :welldone

http://youtu.be/Wx8v1NgT2sQ

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Sounding good Davey, I guess the tape ran out before you could find a good resolve>:)..

Chris..

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Yes, it's long, but it's soooo good. Really like the unaccompanied solo at the end as it has the essence of all that went before distilled into just the one voice and has all that space. As much as I like Chris' backing, makes me think you could have done this as an unaccompanied piece all the way through. Would have probably been shorter, but it's so good to hear you just playing on your own and making our brains hear the accompaniment. That's the sign of someone who is 100% in the music.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Yes, it's long, but it's soooo good. Really like the unaccompanied solo at the end as it has the essence of all that went before distilled into just the one voice and has all that space. As much as I like Chris' backing, makes me think you could have done this as an unaccompanied piece all the way through. Would have probably been shorter, but it's so good to hear you just playing on your own and making our brains hear the accompaniment. That's the sign of someone who is 100% in the music.
Cheers for checking it out Wade and good to hear you enjoyed my version.I got carried away i admit.I extended the middle into a longer vamp and thought it was atad less but i'm still happy as it gave me a good workout challenge of soloing over 6 minutes and when the end came i still had to keep going.Its a cracking tune and by the great Eddie Harris.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom