support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Free Contemporary Classical downloads....

Mike

I'm offering free downloads to 6 classical pieces I 've written (non-saxophone)
I assure anyone intrigued by my personal process of composing that these were painstakingly written one note/drum/cymbal at a time. I write/wrote, just like any 19th, 20th century composer has written. Some took weeks some others longer. In my personal discography I have a collection of approx. 350 pieces of music that do not include saxophone.

I've always been serious about compostion and not so about saxophone playing. Although, I do enjoy
tooting my horn now and again, my passion always had been involved in indepth composition involving conceptual concerns. It was a way to truly find who I was as a composer.

I'm actually still playing my horn but I don't see any need to record anything at the moment. I'm getting re-acquainted right now and I've been having a good time working on things again.

The free downloads consist of:
Picasso...This was a concept based on how I 'heard' how Picasso illustrated. The MOMA (The Museum of Modern Art) in Spain, in particular Picasso's daughter, Paloma, was very pleased to hear the work based on her father's work, through the eyes of a composer who has such deep respect for Picasso's work.

The Monotony of Boredom...This was written because someone inquired that I should write something based on boredom. My assumption is that my other work may have bored him and out of a sarcastic nature he simply Implied. So, I happened to reply musically, in an abstract way of course.

Theatre of the Absurd...Well, absurdity is what makes the world go round. You don't necessarily have to look for it because it's usually everywhere you turn.

The Apparition...There are skeptics in the world who vehemently deny paranormal activity without wanting to research the plethora of documented clinical evidence. My personal experiences tell me differently. The Apparition is based on that.

Life Does Not Beat in 4/4 Time...Just what the title implies.

The Dissident...In my life, in the real world, I've had a hard stance on various positions that I felt needed servicing such as when freedom of speech, human rights, becomes an issue of compromise.

Anyway, the compositions are there and I'm allowing for anyone to download them for free if they find them an enjoyable interest. I'm not concerned with violation because they are well copyrighted. And besides, I don't feel that anyone could actually make big money using these pieces for evil purposes!
I'll leave them up for a couple of weeks....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1289603

I've heard these and lots of other works by Mike and recommend them highly. Fine works by a serious composer, well not always serious. If you listen closely you'll find Frank Zappa often creeping around (who was also a fine classical style composer). John Cage is also an influence, along with the the atonal (serial) types etc. Be prepared to stretch your ears.

I've heard these and lots of other works by Mike and recommend them highly. Fine works by a serious composer, well not always serious. If you listen closely you'll find Frank Zappa often creeping around (who was also a fine classical style composer). John Cage is also an influence, along with the the atonal (serial) types etc. Be prepared to stretch your ears.
Edgard Varese should also be mentioned, naturally so many more...Stravinsky, Boulez...etc.

Now was that $20 or $30 I owe you for writing your post?

Thank you Wade!