All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Free Chocolates!!!

Fraser Jarvis

OK I've got a full tin of chocolates left over from Christmas if anyone wants them, made up of a mixture of Quality street and Cadburys Heroes, I've eaten all the nice soft one's so these are the hard toffee ones that i don't want... first to pm me their address gets them!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
you could try your local hospice? or children's hospice? I'm sure they'd love them. It'll probably cost you almost as much in postage as it would to buy the tin in the first place.

oldblower

make it a charity auction, could ease the guilt of new year chocolate. Still have a whole tin hidden in the house but due to a senior moment can't find it!!!!!!

Sweet Dreamer

Thanks but no good to me, gotta get rid of this spare tyre :(
Me too!

I seriously need to join an aerobics workout program. Learning to play the trumpet has really brought my attention to just how horribly out-of-shape I am. I can't even get through a simple little piece without stopping to catch my breath. This doesn't show up quite as blatantly on the sax. But I'm sure that being in better shape would help the sax playing too.

So, yes, even though I absolutely LOVE chocolate, I'd rather become a choco-celibate monk and devote myself to the spiritual quest of attaining musical nirvana.

In fact, I actually just now sat down to do a search for an aerobics work-out program in my area. If I could get something in terms of aerobic dancing that would even be better yet! I could mix melodic ecstasy in with the harmony of aerobic agony.

In fact, I think I saw some aerobic dance videos on sale at the local thrift store. That might work.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
If it's weight-loss rather than lung-building you are after, I'd recommend changing your diet, Slimming World style (If they have those in heaven?? :shocked: ) Having lost 3 1/2 stones and never gone hungry, I am a bit of a Slimming World evangelist :))) :welldone

Sweet Dreamer

If it's weight-loss rather than lung-building you are after, I'd recommend changing your diet, Slimming World style (If they have those in heaven?? :shocked: ) Having lost 3 1/2 stones and never gone hungry, I am a bit of a Slimming World evangelist :))) :welldone
I have a very strange metabolism. In some ways it's fortunate, in other ways it's not. The fortunate thing is that I can be as lazy as I want and eat tons of the most fattening foods and hardly put on any weight at all. I'm 6'2" tall and weigh pretty much around 200 lbs, not matter what I do. When I was in the very best of shape (eating really healthy diets and running 4 miles a days) I still couldn't get under about 190 at the very least (and that was really pushing it). I think at the very most (at my laziest worst), I might have weighed in at about 210. So I hover pretty much around 200 lbs. no matter what I do.

However, I have noticed that my physique does change (even though it doesn't show up so much on the scales. Like right now I just weighed myself and I'm right on the 200 lbs, as usual. However, I have quite a big belly right now and flabby love handles.

If I start a diet and exercise program what will happen is that the fat will slowly disappear and my muscles will build up. On the scale I'm still going to see the same number (i.e. 200 lbs.) But in the mirror I'll see a world of difference in the actual form of my physique.

So for me it's not so much a "weight" problem. It's more of a re-distribution of "fat weight" back into "muscle weight". And, I know that needs to be done, but it's not going to show up on the scales. I'm far better off looking in a mirror at my naked body (that almost sounds perverse, but it's what needs to be done)

The way I can tell that I'm in better shape is to simply be able to do more physical work without getting tired out quickly. But it's not going to show up on the scale. May as well toss the scale out for my metabolism. Weight simply doesn't tell the whole story for me. But trumpet playing does!

When you get played out just practicing a trumpet you know you're in bad shape. :)))

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom