Free BEER !!!! + CD, sheet music and book.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
To help with the launch of the new BR and in order to get this moving a bit, it would be great if those of you from the old BR could restart some of your threads from there. Whoever can post the most of their threads from there gets a free pint (and a CD, sheet music PDFs and a copy of Taming the Sazxophone).

I was not able to migrate the forum, so what you could do to help is go to the old forum (link at top right) find a thread or two you started, copy the text and then start the same thread here.

NB only copy the first post from each thread. to start that thread off again.

Even very old threads (or especially old threads) are fine.

Thanks.

half diminished

Pete

I know you can/could search for 'all threads by' but only as a logged in user. Searching for old threads is a real chore without being able to search. Any chance you can turn the search on or even better allow us to log in to the old forum? Otherwise this will be a ball break.

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
There is also the Google search at the top right of this site. I will add that to the old one which might help

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Note, I said "so far". The fat lady may be a while yet, she's still at home taking out her curlers, and probably hasn't even ordered the cab to the gig yet.

half diminished

Note, I said "so far". The fat lady may be a while yet, she's still at home taking out her curlers, and probably hasn't even ordered the cab to the gig yet.
Damn, I was not the most prolific poster on the last forum - in fact I started very few threads, or at least I couldn't find that many. Some are not really that interesting now either.

Ah well, my 15 minutes of fame :verysad

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Damn, I was not the most prolific poster on the last forum - in fact I started very few threads, or at least I couldn't find that many. Some are not really that interesting now either.

Ah well, my 15 minutes of fame :verysad
No, keep going, you are a great asset.

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Just to let you know I just ordered her taxi - it'll be here before 9 pm. ;}
And the winner is....

or rather are..

....I decided to award a joint prize.

nosaxyet for an incredibly vast number of imported posts, but also to Chris 98 for an amazing effort with his diary, bit off more than he thought he could chew.

Also to me for importing the post counts that were requested.

So you both get the prize. Send me you addresses via PM please and I'll send the stuff (even if you already have it, Christmas will be here soon). The pints will have to wait.

Oh, and the contest continues... anyone else who carries on rejuvenating old threads will qualify for the goody bag.

half diminished

And the winner is....

or rather are..

nosaxyet for an incredibly vast number of imported posts, but also to Chris 98 for an amazing effort with his diary, bit off more than he thought he could chew.

So you both get the prize. Send me you addresses via PM please and I'll send the stuff (even if you already have it, Christmas will be here soon). The pints will have to wait.

Oh, and the contest continues... anyone else who carries on rejuvenating old threads will qualify for the goody bag.
Pete

Thanks very much. :welldone

I will make a donation to your charity anyway. Sold some reeds as well so expect a wad shortly! All in a good cause.

Thanks again.

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Yes, got it thanks. I'll check if there is some reason that messages don't get copied to the sent folder.

Chris98

And the winner is....

or rather are..

Hi Pete

Thank you so much for the goody bag :D and also for this forum and your site, you have created a wonderful and rich environment where we can all find something to help us on our way to becoming better musicians.

Like Ian, I’ll certainly be making a donation to your charity as well.

Many thanks again.

All the best,

Chris

half diminished

It's arrived!

And the winner is....

or rather are..

Well I'm made up. Can't wait to listen to the CD.

Love the book - I'm working on Jazz/Bebop articulation at the moment. When will volume one and two be out! How can I win those Pete >:)

No time to read it right now, just off to make my donation!

Top Bottom