support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Found One

Bude Bill

Been whinging on about not being able to find a teacher. Guess what!!
Young lady right here in the village is a woodwind teacher, Clarinet, Sax. and Oboe.

She has already corrected some of my slack self taught habits.

Maybe progress is in sight.

Where in North Cornwall is that ?

My outlaws live between Launceston and Bude and we visit quite often. My sister in law used to live just over the border in Devon in a tiny hamlet and there is an instrument repairer there with a rusty old sax fixed on the outside of the house. Always a good landmark for us to know we are nearly at journey's end.

Good luck with the teacher and the new habits.

Rhys

We've stayed self catering in Marhamchurch three times in different cottages ! Nice place, except that I had my car scratched down both sides when it was parked near the Bullers Arms. And I did my back in so badly I couldn't drive and had to go to a vicious osteopath in Bude.

Still, I don't suppose I should hold either of those against the good people of Marhamchurch.

If I hear sax tooting sounds when we are down at the end of the month I will know who it is.

Rhys

Sorry about your car

We are usually a crime free zone here. To many people who know who you are and where you live. Must have been an emmit.

Which physio was that, I thought I had tried them all, must have got all the gentle ones. They are the constant companions of us old golfers.

Which physio was that, I thought I had tried them all, must have got all the gentle ones. They are the constant companions of us old golfers.

I don't remember her name, but she was in Bude, sort of round the one way system, with a short cut if you turn right off the Strand just after crossing the bridge. I have a vague recollection of talking music with her and that she might have played the clarinet, but I was in too much pain to remember details.

Rhys

Google tells me she may have been DJ Weatherhogg of 13, Fairfield Road.

One that slipped thru. the net

Must admit, I have never even heard of her. Mostly I use Clare Alan or Rachel ???, sometimes the appropriately named Mr. Pooler (pronounced puller).

Don't think I'll bother with the one you found, too much pain.

Hi Bill. I was self-taught too until I restarted 25 years later and started working with teachers. I really benefitted from this toy and thought you might too. These tuners are really inexpensive and sax friendly. Its helped me cure SOME intonation issues. I'm still working on others but this little baby is moving me in the right direction. Its palm sized and fits right on the music stand. The light wheel spins cw for sharp and ccw for flat.

http://tinyurl.com/o8j2ht

Many Thanks

Cheers Andy, I have been toying with getting something similar. I have a KORG MA-30 metronome which also has a note facility, but it doesn't hit the spot.

My teacher says that my tone is good, however every little helps as the Art mistress says.

I'll check the prices with my local music shop and get one.

Cheers Andy, I have been toying with getting something similar. I have a KORG MA-30 metronome which also has a note facility, but it doesn't hit the spot.

My teacher says that my tone is good, however every little helps as the Art mistress says.

I'll check the prices with my local music shop and get one.

I originally learned on tenor, so when I recently got a YAS62 that funny alto intonation business between third space C# and around E above it had me struggling with sanity until I got this chromatic tuner. It seems to me that the notes alternate from flat to sharp every semi-tone in that zone.

Complicated

Andy, I'm afraid you lost me a bit there, only got the sax.(Academy SXA-2NS) in June.

Making good progress with my teacher, she says I've got good tone, however I have ordered the KORG DT-4 to get the notes spot on.

Had a lesson this morning, managed my set pieces pretty well. (According to teach).

Still working on G major and F major scales, also seem to be set.

Changed to a Vandoren reed instead of the Flying Goose supplied. Both 2's but I found the Vandoren harder to play.

Must persevere, it can only get better.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Jim, I bought the Vandoren's as I assume the Flying Goose would not be obtainable at many outlets as they are Chinese.

Although I have still got 16 of the Goose left, there were 20 supplied with the sax. My thinking was that I had better learn with what was available.

I still have to get used to the strengths of the different reeds, so thanks again for the guidance.