All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Forum Upgrade

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
The forum will be off line for a while during another vBulletin upgrade, from about 9.30 to 10.30.

Sorry about that but look on the bright side: a great opportunity to practise some long notes. :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Without using circular breathing, that nice Mr. Thomas is challenging you (plural) to keep one and only one, long note going for an hour.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Upgrade now in place, discuss here if you have any issues. There may be quite a few new features.

old git

Tremendous Bore
That nice Mr. Thomas,
Are you trying to frighten off your increasingly agéd and technophobic clientele?

New features? Most of us haven't got to grips with dial up yet, so what chance do we stand?

It;s all right for these youngsters like Kev but he speaks BASIC, the rest of us struggle to remember what letter follows 'A'.

BTW:-What letter does follow 'A'?

Jazzaferri

Speak for self OG. I still remember that the letter ..... Errrr what wuzzit we wuzz talkin' bout

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
A new feature of this upgrade is the new implementation of "What's New" (=activity stream), which you can see if you click on the "What's New" tab in the main navigation. I'm not quite sure of all the ins and outs of this yet.

The old New Posts is still the same as it ever was in the links just below the main navigation bar. Also latest posts are in the forum sidebar.They used to be there a while back, I have just reinstated that.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
A new feature of this upgrade is the new implementation of "What's New" (=activity stream), which you can see if you click on the "What's New" tab in the main navigation. I'm not quite sure of all the ins and outs of this yet.
I guess you are involuntarily encouraging childish behaviours from the members of this forum.
The what's new makes me think of the internet logorrhoea of our times.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Under IE8/XP it's working OK, but the beans background isn't tiling properly. I just get a few beans either side of the text area.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
fewer beans....there are almost no beans, I'm very disappointed, there's not enough to make a coffee :crying:
Although I am somewhat confused as there was a whole can of beans this morning and only 7 now :(

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Yes but they are tastier, it's quality not quantity.

I found there were too many beans, it was a bit overpowering and I felt it was time for a lighter, summery look.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
It looks like the staff haven't cleaned my litter tray properly.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
May we have ground coffee as a background instead? Back-ground coffee.

jonf

I like the new layout. Very clean and uncluttered. Displays well on the laptop.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
There seem to be more coffee beans today. Is this a Sunday special offer. :)))
Yesterday there was one bean on the left and 6 on the right, today I have 6 beans on the left and 8 beans on the right! :welldone :w00t:

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom