SYOS

Exciting News! Forum updated to v2.2!

Adrian63

Afternoon Pete : I can only comment from the perspective of a Samsung tablet but all looks well enough . New button is there ; it's only the reply box really . Am I right in assuming there should be two rows of icons ? I have one full row and one solitary on the second line . Any help as I say 're from a tablet...no problem .
All in all good job ( even the smilies are back but taking a while to download : I'll try later )

Last edited:

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
New is back on the android tablet and all look in the right place.

I haven't figured all out yet, for example the Font awesome is a mystery to me. But perhaps it's supposed to be as it looks like it makes what I tag with it disappear. Like [FA]this for example[/FA]. At least in the preview...

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
But perhaps it's supposed to be as it looks like it makes what I tag with it disappear. Like . At least in the preview...
Do you mean the font awesome bbcode?

It's a way to insert font awesome icons in the message, but you need to know the name of the icon you want to insert. It translates the name of the icon into the actual icon.

EDIT: they are now disabled

Last edited:

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Do you mean the font awesome bbcode?

It's a way to insert font awesome icons in the message, but you need to know the name of the icon you want to insert. It translates the name of the icon into the actual icon.

See: BB codes

For example there is a FA icon called bacterium, so I write that, highlight it and then select the FA bbcode (chilli) from text editor [FA]bacterium[/FA]

OMG! That's a bit far fetched for me. I'm rather technical, but not really versed into spending too much time using code (bb or eb) to write a post in the forum. I still have other things to do in life! :eek:

But who knows... Never say never! [FA]waveform-path[/FA]

[ADMIN EDIT: I have now removed the FA bbcode, hence the above isn't working]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
OMG! That's a bit far fetched for me. I'm rather technical, but not really versed into spending too much time using code (bb or eb) to write a post in the forum. I still have other things to do in life!
Yes well this was something I added a few years back as something people may find useful, but actually I don't think anyone uses it it so it may as well go. Otherwise it's just clutter.

But this isn't to do with the new update, that bbcode has been there well before this.

DavidUK

I noticed that whilst unchecking the "Unread threads" box in "New" settings, then clicking "Filter" keeps read threads appearing, if I log out and back in this box is once again checked and so I have to uncheck it each time I log in.

Also, where is the "underline" function? I can't find it?

:confused2:

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
I removed underline, as I wasn't aware anyone used it (being confusable with a link).

But we do now have a choice of headings

Wonko

Is there a way, @Pete Thomas for alerts to flag up without having to refresh the page?
I think it already works like that (at least sometimes).
I often see the bell-icon with a red number on it when I return to that browser window after a while. That is without refreshing it.
But often there is no allert, and when I press the new-button, up they come.
I use a Chrome browser on Windows.

Staff online

Top Bottom