All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Forum update alert

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
The forum will be closed some time today for a software update. I don't like doing this as things can go wrong, but has to be done sooner or later in order to get technical support from vBulletin.

It will be down for an hour or two later this morning.

Sweet Dreamer

Oh pooh. :(

I'm on dial-up, so what this means is that whenever websites are "upgraded" it basically amounts to a "downgrade" for me, because they are usually slower after that, or even more problematic. I've seem forums "upgraded" in the past to the extent where they have basically become inaccessible for me altogether.

In fact, that happened to my online banking at one point! YIKES!

I actually had to run out and buy a new computer just to access my bank account! But that was more of a browser problem than a dial-up problem. My bank account website is so SLOW that by the time the statement finally downloads I have to add additional interest because the download took that LONG! :)))

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Oh pooh. :(

I'm on dial-up, so what this means is that whenever websites are "upgraded" it basically amounts to a "downgrade" for me, because they are usually slower after that, or even more problematic. I've seem forums "upgraded" in the past to the extent where they have basically become inaccessible for me altogether.
I've already done a test upgrade, and it seems to be faster. It has also cured a couple of bugs, ie the difficult to read tabs in the user profile and being able to upload images directly (on all browsers) with the insert image icon instead of having to use the attachment manager which you currently do with some browsers.

But I am still nervous, I don't like having to do it as it's quite a complex thing with all the modifications we have here. Hopefully it's two steps forward, one step back instead of one step forward and two steps back. Or we might be even luckier, who knows?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Pete,
From my dimly recalled school days, tomorrow never comes.

Kindly note the restraint exercised.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Pete,

You owe me a winner at 33 to 1 plus stake as YC sent me a certainty but the update meant it was too late to get it on. >:)

Seriously, looks good.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom