support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Forum Manners

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Locality
Just north of Munich
I've just had to close a thread because it turned into a bickering match. There's at least one other that's going the same way and will be closed if it continues. :w00t:

Please keep this forum friendly and helpful. It's not a battleground. Differences of opinion are encouraged - but not in an unpleasant way, or in a personal way. :mrcool

I hope we're not going to get to a situation where a person weights in with some unpleasant personal stuff, and manages to close the thread despite the interest of all the others who had been contributing perfectly reasonably. Seems like a victory for the wrong party. 2p

I hope we're not going to get to a situation where a person weights in with some unpleasant personal stuff, and manages to close the thread despite the interest of all the others who had been contributing perfectly reasonably. Seems like a victory for the wrong party. 2p

It's always a decision as to whether to just prune, ie remove a few offending posts and then let the thread continue, or else to lock the thread if we think that there is little to be gained by letting it continue, ie if it's more or less outlived its usefulness.

Either way, people who need to gradually learn the best way to behave on this forum.

I think Pete and Kev do a great job of keeping this forum civilized. I do not feel there is any heavy hand here.

My heartfelt thanks to them both.

OOOOOHHH I missed this one any real dirt going on which thread was it OOOOOHHHH OOOOOOHHH OOOOOOHHHH ....John

That is why I'd far rather belong to this forum even though I play trumpet and trombone much of the time - just more relaxed, less didactic and, frankly, a little less stuffy than some.

Cheers to Pete and Kev for all their hard work!
Kind regards
Tom

I think Pete and Kev do a great job of keeping this forum civilized. I do not feel there is any heavy hand here.

My heartfelt thanks to them both.

Indeed. This is the most (only?!) civilised forum I've used. The "no politics or religion" rule certainly helps!!

:)

I thank God that there is no discussion of Religion on this forum.

Yours in His name
Tom :thumb:

Morning All, my religion is the `National Enquirer` which I like to believe portrays everyday life as it truly is.

Our letters to the editor column has a moderator but the only ocassion that he has had to use his wande moderata was when some mislead miscreant queried the authenticity of a January 1986 issue which stated that the dog, which everyone knows lives on the moon having escaped by parachute from a failed Russian moon shot, had given birth to puppies.

Foolish man. Regds, the truth will out N.

PS I think the Mods on this forum do a worthwhile job and so does Arry an is Mum Petal.

Last edited by a moderator:
where else would a stern warningg slide of into comic humour.... :confused: Maybe I should delete a couple of posts to show we're serious>:)

But seriously, thanks for the positive comments.

where else would a stern warningg slide of into comic humour.... :confused: Maybe I should delete a couple of posts to show we're serious>:)

But seriously, thanks for the positive comments.

Maybe we should use more pedantic, serious and intellectually challenging emoticons.

On the other hand, what do you expect in a forum of hippie left wing tree hugging mac users that play saxophone instead of worrying about the election of the new Pope?

(Sorry Kev, I couldn't resist... )

Maybe we should use more pedantic, serious and intellectually challenging emoticons.

On the other hand, what do you expect in a forum of hippie left wing tree hugging mac users that play saxophone instead of worrying about the election of the new Pope?

(Sorry Kev, I couldn't resist... )
MAC USERS??????? Now you've gone too far. KEEEEVV! He called me a Mac user. Get him out of here...

Ahem...sorry about that...I'm alright now...I think...

...hippie left wing tree hugging mac users that play saxophone instead of worrying about the election of the new Pope?

Tree hugging? Sigh, best I can do is a window box. A few more weeks and I'll be able to hug a daffodil if that helps?

Tree hugging? Sigh, best I can do is a window box. A few more weeks and I'll be able to hug a daffodil if that helps?
It's OK to hug someone else's tree. But just to be safe, make sure they're not watching.

Really, though, thanks to Pete , Kev and now Chris for making this such a nice place.

MAC USERS??????? Now you've gone too far. KEEEEVV! He called me a Mac user. Get him out of here...

Ahem...sorry about that...I'm alright now...I think...

Should have been MAC WEARER in your case...................;}

That is why I'd far rather belong to this forum even though I play trumpet and trombone much of the time - just more relaxed, less didactic and, frankly, a little less stuffy than some.

Cheers to Pete and Kev for all their hard work!
Kind regards
Tom

Does that mean Welsh centred, please?

Back
Top Bottom