All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

For Score

Jamesmac

Hi to all
I use the iPad to store and read lead sheets, and link up with all my backing tracks i iTunes.
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there doing the same.
i use the App Forscore.

breathless

Hi James, I can't answer your question but wondered if I may make an enquiry? I only started learning to play sax and read music 3-4 months ago and being a bit of a gadget freak im very interested in what's music related appear are available?
I currently using a blackberry PlayBook (yes I no that's a mistake ) and I'm finding its seriously limited when it comes to apps in general!
I'm very interested in what support there is approximately wise for the ipad as I may consider jumping ship.

Is there much in a way of composition and beginners aid apps?

Sorry to hyjack the thread!

Rgds Lee.

Jazzaferri

While there are a myriad of apps for mymiPad i find most of them have major limitations and the iPad bugginess drives me crazy. I type too fast for the keyboard and it keeps putting "m"s in etc etc.

I realB is pretty good but the versioni have doesnt transpose keys. Better to spend your money on Band in a Box if ou have a computer. Imo best practice aid money can buy.

http://www.pgmusic.com/

Jamesmac

Hi Jazzaferri
I use sonar on the desktop for creating and editing midi, before i convert to a wav or mp3 to load into itunes.
The app on the ipad is only as an alternative to a hard copy, ie. music sheet. but when you open the page it links with the backing track in itunes. so no need for an ipod or cd of the backing track. the app can also be programed to turn the page.

Jamesmac

Hi Lee
Yes lots of Apps out there, but i think for what you want it is better to use a full blown music program like Sonar on a desktop. You have a full orchestra at your disposal with virtual instruments, and the ability to record live.

breathless

Thanks for the information, Sonar certainly looks worth a look.

I've no dought there's a lot of good apps out there but until I'm made aware that there are apps to blow me away (metaphorically speaking), the cost of an ipad is still a lot to swallow.

I'll look into Sonar though, sounds very interesting.

Rgds Lee.

Jamesmac

Hi lee
i haven't spent much time searching out Apps, but some I have seen are usefull for ear training, ie. recognising intervals etc. also rhythm exercises too. And cost just a few pounds.
Sonar is for the desktop, a full blown music program, but if you want to record your sax you will also need an audio interface. Connects via USB and has mic inputs , digital in/out etc

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
While there are a myriad of apps for mymiPad i find most of them have major limitations and the iPad bugginess drives me crazy. I type too fast for the keyboard and it keeps putting "m"s in etc etc.

I realB is pretty good but the versioni have doesnt transpose keys. Better to spend your money on Band in a Box if ou have a computer. Imo best practice aid money can buy.

http://www.pgmusic.com/
Beg to differ. When setting up to play backing track small tab with key appears in upper right hand corner tap it and transpose to any key you like. I also use igigbook for scores great in dark spaces no need for music stand light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom