All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Footprints,,,,,,,And why not

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Looking through some backing tracks tonight and saw this great tune so heres a quicky version of it :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Cool stuff. Mega restraint being shown but I like you better like this. Ace long lote at 4.20 V. good sounds Davey

daveysaxboy

Cool stuff. Mega restraint being shown but I like you better like this. Ace long lote at 4.20 V. good sounds Davey

Just went with the flow and the track.It kind of makes you sway if that makes sense.Nice to see you like it.

dubrosa22

Locality
Sydney, Australia
Yes! A favourite tune!
Awesome recording Davey and very well played. Definitely channelling Shorter here :D

PS Is this the Realbook Play-Along version or the Aebersold?

daveysaxboy

Yes! A favourite tune!
Awesome recording Davey and very well played. Definitely channelling Shorter here :D

PS Is this the Realbook Play-Along version or the Aebersold?

Cheers.Its the Aebersold track.I love Shorters early stuff.Great cool tunes.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Great version Davey, very thoughtful and controlled.

Chris..

daveysaxboy

Just to add I fancy doing a shorter series of tunes.done a few in the past.any thoughts on your best tunes by him.

thesaxman71

Just to add I fancy doing a shorter series of tunes.done a few in the past.any thoughts on your best tunes by him.
i used to like playing "Lost" from the soothsayer album, different time signature etc and great live with mini brass section, trumpet, trombone and alto player.

You could have a go doing that 1 tho not sure if there is a backing track out there, i might end up doing 1 (for future recording) so if i do get around to making a backing track for it then i will mail it to you.
ps
E.S.P is always a good 1 to let rip on, (Aebersold vol. 33) you could do that 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

i used to like playing "Lost" from the soothsayer album, different time signature etc and great live with mini brass section, trumpet, trombone and alto player.

You could have a go doing that 1 tho not sure if there is a backing track out there, i might end up doing 1 (for future recording) so if i do get around to making a backing track for it then i will mail it to you.
ps
E.S.P is always a good 1 to let rip on, (Aebersold vol. 33) you could do that 1.

Good choice there.Next week i'm going to sit and find 4 tunes.Keep it fresh baby.Yeee haaa.

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
I love Wayne Shorter's stuff, I've got the Aebersold playalongs - Footprints is on my Jazz Diploma list :thumb:

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Davey, how about "JuJu","House Of Jade", or "Adams Apple". Could hear you making any one of those sound interesting..

Chris..

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom