All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Following on from Taz....new website

Saxby

Following on from Taz, (an old post) I looked into the freebie website options, wordpress, weebly and several others.
Settling on Weebly for it's ease of use it is now up and running,see link in signature below.
There are still more elements to add, videos, sounds and pictures, plus tags for the discography, but for a freebie it is surprisingly ok.
One nice aspect is after a while if you want, you can become a .com etc...for a yearly fee, therefore getting rid of the weebly from the address.
I have put a link to cafe sax in the links page, and sotw. There are again more links to be added.
So thanks for the inspiration Mr.Taz !
I am open for any suggestions as to improvement type colour and size are a slight concern for example, but anything that will help me I would appreciate.. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Ray,
Looks pretty good for a freebie. It would be good if you advertised your workshops on here so anyone interested could come along (me!).
Just saw one typo on your blurb. You type "foe" instead of "for" before "workshops". Sorry if this sounds pedantic!
Andy

Saxby

Thanks Andrew, I will check that typo and i am sure there are others....
As for the workshops this can be organised by contacting me. I will be in the UK 17 Nov - 2nd Dec so maybe one could be sorted out for around that time.. I'll see.
Cheers Ray.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Very nicely done Ray. It's a superb web builder. I shan't comment on any errors with your work, I had to rely on the clever cafe saxophone members to point out my mistakes!

Saxby

Comment away Taz !
A friend of mine has already pointed out several errors. After several hours of staring at the screen writing and re-writing I just couldn't see it any more.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'd love to Ray, just to help you out, but I lack a good grasp of the English language! (Sadly it IS my first language, but I didn't get a good education, not that I blame anyone else but me for that!) :blush:;} So I'll leave the clever stuff to the clever people on here!

They know who they are!:w00t:

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
One very minor suggestion- on your links page use text for links not the full address- not a big deal but it looks slicker (things like "my works in progress"- being the link to soundcloud etc)... Wow, a damn hefty back catalogue you've got there sir!
BTW- are you Darn Sarf at all on your visit to the UK?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Well done looks nice and thanks for the link.

I would register your dotcom ASAP, it's not a common name, but you never know some other Ray Dickaty could be out there and bag it first.

Saxby

Thanks all for the kind comments. As I say it's still a work in progress (why didn't I do it ages ago, ah well never mind - It's up and running now)
Still text to edit, making it less formal, adding a few tales that sort of thing, and pictures to add. Plus I would like to have more pages and sub pages so I'm just planning that now.
I will register asap. At Weebly I can buy a [.com ] and they sort everything for you, or go for a cheaper alternative, use another company and have the apparent headache of linking it all together.. I do not know how difficult or easy this would be so I may go for the Weebly option...
Biog Now Updated to read better with a few pics....
Thanks Again.. Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom