All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Flying

jeremyjuicewah

Apropos nothing (I looked that up to see EXACTLY what if means and now I have less idea than I did before) I had a wonderful experience yesterday at the weekly sax lesson. Having discovered rock and roll about fifty years after everyone else, I am drifting slowly and surely in that direction and yesterday I did something I have never done before and I think perhaps I sort of accepted would never happen. Teach put on a backing track of Peggy Sue and said, "go on then, play something". So I froze and cringed and did all that stuff you do when you´re on the spot and then I started and it is the first time that I have played straight off the top of my head and played what was in my mind and not just what is in the scale. I know it didnt sound as good as it felt, but I will settle for the feeling, cos I can only say it felt like flying. Really. I wished that track would never end. I am still happy about it now.
Have a good weekend
Mike

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
It's amazing what playing the sax can do for you isn't it,keep on flying...john

Taz

Busking Oracle
Fantastic post Mike, and a feeling that you will get to experience many times in the future!

Glad you picked up a sax?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Flying is great but occasionally you do a RyanAir. Just remember most punters don't notice.

jeremyjuicewah

Cheers Jeanette and John and Taz. I am still grinning. Herself is away so the rafters are shaking this weekend. And towd git, yes indeed, point took!
Mike

Martin

Apropos nothing (I looked that up to see EXACTLY what if means and now I have less idea than I did before) I had a wonderful experience yesterday at the weekly sax lesson. Having discovered rock and roll about fifty years after everyone else, I am drifting slowly and surely in that direction and yesterday I did something I have never done before and I think perhaps I sort of accepted would never happen. Teach put on a backing track of Peggy Sue and said, "go on then, play something". So I froze and cringed and did all that stuff you do when you´re on the spot and then I started and it is the first time that I have played straight off the top of my head and played what was in my mind and not just what is in the scale. I know it didnt sound as good as it felt, but I will settle for the feeling, cos I can only say it felt like flying. Really. I wished that track would never end. I am still happy about it now.
Have a good weekend
Mike
Well done. Playing music is a great thing...the better we get...the more we enjoy it...

Just watch out for bumpy landings...

Martin

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom