All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Flying toys - This is way off topic

Chris98

At Christmas my family is usually stumped to know what to get my dad, but this year we struck gold and bought him one of those infrared controlled helicopters, the £20 jobs, and while I was ordering one for him I noticed there was a special promotion to get two for £30. The unimaginable happened, my finger slipped and I ended up getting one too :w00t:.

His is Red mine is Blue and we are both still flying them on a daily basis, the novelty hasn't warn off yet and they are tough little blighters.

Anyone else have one of these little helicopters?

Chris

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
We bought our teenage son one for Christmas. His has a camera on too. Quite a novelty.:)

Jx

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
My mate Martin the Undertaker got a couple Christmas before last and they are still going strong. Great fun.

Kingsleyhk

Maybe a bit off-topic but remember Pete King is apparently a world-class model aircraft man.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Yes, my youngest has the exact some one, and another couple of others. Darned good fliers. And you can get spares...

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Great fun... lots of airborne duels with son a couple of xmas' ago

jonf

I've had one for a couple of years. It's finally given up the ghost after loads of use.

Chris, where did you get the two for £30 offer from?

Chris98

Hi Jonf,

I got them from http://www.paramountzone.com/ but they don't seem to be doing that model or that deal now.

Glad I'm not the only one who is enjoying flying them. It's great fun to fly above you opponent as they literally fall out of the sky in the down draft. I also picked up a Chinook cheap on that old auction site, but it's not as much fun, less stable, but makes a good sound.

It's like revisiting Childhood.

Chris

koumou

IMG_1155.jpg IMG_1156.jpg
At Christmas my family is usually stumped to know what to get my dad, but this year we struck gold and bought him one of those infrared controlled helicopters, the £20 jobs, and while I was ordering one for him I noticed there was a special promotion to get two for £30. The unimaginable happened, my finger slipped and I ended up getting one too :w00t:.

His is Red mine is Blue and we are both still flying them on a daily basis, the novelty hasn't warn off yet and they are tough little blighters.

Anyone else have one of these little helicopters?

Chris
I bought one of these one year ago. A year later I've got a Bixler, Multiplex FunCub, Calmato sport and a Wot 4 which I crashed a week ago. Luckily the damage was minor. RC flying is very adictive.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
It's amazing isn't it I seem to remember some years ago that there was a prize of a lot of money to the first person to build a flyable model helicopter and now look at this ten a penny practically and a doddle to fly "we'll almost "and why haven't I got one specially since I'm 64 going on 8 today

Ps those four fan things are brilliant too but a lot more expensive and come with a camera alreadyI believe,technology is amazing today,I wonder if I'll get to mars yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Thank you Jeanette unfortunately didn't have enough puff to blow out the candle .....John

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
It's amazing isn't it I seem to remember some years ago that there was a prize of a lot of money to the first person to build a flyable model helicopter and now look at this ten a penny practically and a doddle to fly "we'll almost "and why haven't I got one specially since I'm 64 going on 8 today

Ps those four fan things are brilliant too but a lot more expensive and come with a camera alreadyI believe,technology is amazing today,I wonder if I'll get to mars yet?
Happy birthday John!

I would rule out Mars, chocolate bars there are bad for your model career.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Happy Birthday John, did you get anything nice?

Best wishes,

Chris
Thanks Chris

Yes my dear lady has bought me a very nice rugby type shirt and V neck jumper and the Sky Fall DVD, and I expect I'll get a bottle of Celtic nectar from my son, that lad knows me too well ....John

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Just got a greeting from the opposition SOTW,that's nice of them isn't it, maybe they are trying to entice me away from the cafe, I thought we usually get one from the cafe but it hasn't arrived yet, it always makes me feel kind of warm inside, OH DEAR maybe they don't do them any more .....John

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom