All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Flute, a nice bargain for someone, all proceeds to the fund

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hi All, I have far too many instruments sitting around at home, and I'm not rolling in it! Since I sell items on a regular basis on here I wanted to give something back, so up for sale is one of my flutes.
It is stamped 'JJ Riley' so a lesser know, probably Chinese brand of flute. Silver plated and in good overall condition, it plays nicely with a good tone, very suitable for a beginner of someone wanting to pick up a different instrument.
There is a very small dent to the head of the flute but it doesn't affect playing etc.
I would like £45 & £5 to cover the cost of me posting it. The only cost I will take is the post so all of the £45 will be donated here :)

Many thanks,

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
lol, you should have said, I could have posted it today for you with the clarinet! I'm glad alot of people are similar to me on here and have regular 'GAS' attacks :)

Bigtwin

Thing is, I borrowed my sister's flute a little while back, quite a decent Yamaha it seemed to me, thinking "how hard can this be"? Answer: Not half a hard as I made it; my playing was a disgrace and an insult to the instrument. Now, the silly bit of me wants to try again and crack it, but the (tiny) brain portion of me just says "Bigtwin - NO!! LEAVE IT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! STEP AWAY FROM THE TRICKY STICK!!". Wish I'd never heard that Ian Anderson git - it's all his fault....

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
I must admit, compared to clarinet I find the flute very easy to play but I just get the odd bout of dizziness due to breathing differently I guess!

Bigtwin

Ah - I must remember that's the reason next time it happens in the pub. I just can't get the embouchure right to get any consistency, other than it sounding consistently awful.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
I just can't get the embouchure right to get any consistency, other than it sounding consistently awful.
...is precisely why Bigtwin needs a nice shiny bargain flute to practice on methinks

cshimmon

In all seriousness, having played sax for ?!"*# years, I really struggled to play flute, my solution was to pick up a Yamaha plastic fife (just like a descant recorder really) for next to nothing and it really helped me to 'grasp' the embouchure.

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hello, yes I can do for the same price to Italy if you are happy with economy delivery? If you want to private message me I will give you details so you can pay by paypal if you still would like the flute?
Before I do a donation I wait until I know the instrument has been safely received and that my buyer is happy with it :)

Thank you :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom