All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Flute, a nice bargain for someone, all proceeds to the fund

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
Hi All, I have far too many instruments sitting around at home, and I'm not rolling in it! Since I sell items on a regular basis on here I wanted to give something back, so up for sale is one of my flutes.
It is stamped 'JJ Riley' so a lesser know, probably Chinese brand of flute. Silver plated and in good overall condition, it plays nicely with a good tone, very suitable for a beginner of someone wanting to pick up a different instrument.
There is a very small dent to the head of the flute but it doesn't affect playing etc.
I would like £45 & £5 to cover the cost of me posting it. The only cost I will take is the post so all of the £45 will be donated here :)

Many thanks,

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
lol, you should have said, I could have posted it today for you with the clarinet! I'm glad alot of people are similar to me on here and have regular 'GAS' attacks :)

Bigtwin

Thing is, I borrowed my sister's flute a little while back, quite a decent Yamaha it seemed to me, thinking "how hard can this be"? Answer: Not half a hard as I made it; my playing was a disgrace and an insult to the instrument. Now, the silly bit of me wants to try again and crack it, but the (tiny) brain portion of me just says "Bigtwin - NO!! LEAVE IT, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! STEP AWAY FROM THE TRICKY STICK!!". Wish I'd never heard that Ian Anderson git - it's all his fault....

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
I must admit, compared to clarinet I find the flute very easy to play but I just get the odd bout of dizziness due to breathing differently I guess!

Bigtwin

Ah - I must remember that's the reason next time it happens in the pub. I just can't get the embouchure right to get any consistency, other than it sounding consistently awful.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
I just can't get the embouchure right to get any consistency, other than it sounding consistently awful.

...is precisely why Bigtwin needs a nice shiny bargain flute to practice on methinks

cshimmon

Locality
Sleaford, Lincs

In all seriousness, having played sax for ?!"*# years, I really struggled to play flute, my solution was to pick up a Yamaha plastic fife (just like a descant recorder really) for next to nothing and it really helped me to 'grasp' the embouchure.

maxortensi

Locality
Bologna, Italy
Please let me know if the price is the same shipping to italy.
In that case I'll take it

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
Hello, yes I can do for the same price to Italy if you are happy with economy delivery? If you want to private message me I will give you details so you can pay by paypal if you still would like the flute?
Before I do a donation I wait until I know the instrument has been safely received and that my buyer is happy with it :)

Thank you :)

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom