support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

First Gigs!!!

BUMNOTE

Locality
Wolverhampton West Midlands
Well finally had my first band experience, played with a local rock and roll band on Saturday and Sunday nights.Apart from a few beginning nerves and Bumnotes it got better the more I played.Got a real buzz from playing with a band and seeing people dancing and singing along with what we were playing, so looking forward to next time(I HOPE) .BUMNOTE.

Be careful, that public approval can become addictive. I always thought our band player better and better as the night went on and we had a few drinks between sets till one night I recorded the entire gig. It turned out that the playing just got louder and sloppier. It appears the crowd didn't seem to mind since they were getting louder and sloppier themselves right along with the music.

Thanks for your replies both...jbtsax I did observe some of your commets as the nighr went on, thanks.Bumnote.

Congrats. At the end of the night I would say the band I play with are churning out rubbish, but no one seems to mind. You only get better and better from here.
Mike

I’ve had my first 3 gigs with a soul band over the summer so I’m in a similar position. What a buzz playing alongside 2 trumpets, you have to be really LOUD!!! Like you I’m loving it.

Congratulations. Onwards and upwards from here. And don't get despondent when you eventually have what seems like a bad night. It will simply be that as you improve with experience your expectations get higher. Nice to get that first one under your belt :eek:)

Congratulations, hope you have many more nights playing to come :)

Jx

Well done,let me know when the next are and if free will come along and have a listen.

I did a gig yesterday evening in a hilltop wood in Peeblesshire... we had a gazebo to shelter out of the wind... the sound guy and partygoers weren't so lucky

I was having monstrous tuning issues what with a baltic wind cooling the sax between solos... I was close to clubbing the lead guitarist over the head with a sax stand for changing key without telling me but for once he was innocent

That's really cool, BUMNOTE. There's nothing like playing in a band. You've made the leap from playing at home, alone, to being up there in front of people. Everyone should experience it.
Jim