PPT mouthpieces

first gig

thehunt

need some moral support, have my first gig on 11th April. Only been in band 5 weeks, three of which i was on holiday, so my question is how do i blag my way through a 4 hour set when i only know about 6 tunes, also have to do a solo. Extra strength nappies perhaps? !!
Help...

Extra-strength nappies

You'll be surprised how fast the time will fly by. After the first few songs, you'll find that you are a lot more relaxed and you'll be able to enjoy it. Then the extra-strength nappies may start to itch and might require changing :)

Good luck for the gig

need some moral support, have my first gig on 11th April. Only been in band 5 weeks, three of which i was on holiday, so my question is how do i blag my way through a 4 hour set when i only know about 6 tunes, also have to do a solo. Extra strength nappies perhaps? !!
Help...

4 hours!! Have you joined Bruce Springsteens band or something? After playing that long, you'll be known as Eddie Lockjaw Hunt.......

I have been told that beer and sarnies will be supplied in between, so not fours solid, we also have quite few feature solo numbers. Had 4hrs band practice yesterday, nerver played that long before, it was knackering. I'll let you know how it went, Phil

First gig done and dusted, no bottles thrown came out in one piece. Few dodgy notes, few bars messed up, solos went well, so really chuffed, was good night. can't wait for next one, better learn the tunes a bit better though, i hardly slept the night before due to nerves. If some of you are thinking of performing live, do it, it was great fun and a great experience. Oh! And i did not need the nappies... Phil

Welcome to the world of the loudest bum note you'll ever play (only you will hear it though:)))) Congratulations Phil, I'm really glad you enjoyed your first experience!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well done.
It's a great feeling isn't it. As for the bum notes - I am told the audience only usually know when you pull a face that says to them I've messed up. Unfortunately my wife says she can tell how well it is going by my facial expressions!

Where was the gig?

Having been born and lived in Ilford until a few years ago I know Chigwell well.

If you are looking for experience in just playing and would like to have a go in a Wind Orchestra let me know. NRWO meet every Thursday evening (term time) at Redbridge Music School in Fencepiece Road. We have space for a Sax (esp Tenor).

Stephen

Back
Top Bottom