All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Strings First gig...

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Had my first 'paid' (technically) gig playing cello yesterday. I was asked a while back to provide some string music for a birthday party. So 6 of us entertained (I think that's the term) the party yesterday afternoon. We were followed in the evening by several bands including a local blues band.

Interestingly, the lead violinist, plus the viola player (who plays sax as well) is interested in getting together to do some improv sessions...

Attachments

• DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by a moderator:

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Cool, hope you enjoyed it :thumb:

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
The party had a Mad Hatter's Tea Party theme...

Jamesmac

Had my first 'paid' (technically) gig playing cello yesterday. I was asked a while back to provide some string music for a birthday party. So 6 of us entertained (I think that's the term) the party yesterday afternoon. We were followed in the evening by several bands including a local blues band.

Interestingly, the lead violinist, plus the viola player (who plays sax as well) is interested in getting together to do some improv sessions...

:thumb:

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England

Congrat's on the first gig Ron:thumb:

Chris..

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
Good to hear about the success.

When you do get together, do make a recording of Further improvisations on Purcell's variations on Old Hundred.

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
Repertoire included Purcell, Handel, Bach, Mozart, and Kreisler (here's a link to two of the Kreisler pieces we did).

I've just bought a book of some jazz standards arranged for string ensemble, so we're going to add them into our repertoire.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom