All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Finally watched "Ray" last night

VirusKiller

Not a bad film, not exceptional either IMO, though Jamie Foxx *was* Ray Charles and thoroughly deserved his Oscar.

Lots of nice sax snippets.

Very interesting story. I've been discovering Ray Charles' music recently which I like a *lot*, but I didn't realize quite how versatile he was.

Does it really take a heroin habit to be great in this business?! :shocked:

Two Voices

I watched it myself a few weeks back despite having it on DVD for a couple of years! The guy must have gotten through some shoes :D

I know what you mean about the drug scene! I think most were doing it at the time! The fact that he got of the drugs before it killed him was good, as I think he lived well into his seventies unlike a lot of his peers!

Certainly a versitile musisican!

Two Voices

And a sax player too !

He made a nice album with Milt Jackson where he (Ray Charles) plays decent alto. I think that Louis Jordan was one of his early heroes.

Rhys
He sure did! 'How Long Blues' where Ray stop playing the Piano and started on the Alto - Milt took over the piano - awesome stuff! Here's a youtube video I found a while back of Ray playing the Alto!

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Voices

Here's Ray Charles & Milt Jackson - How Long Blues! Shame we can't see the performance!

Another great one of Ray playing the Alto

Last edited by a moderator:

rhysonsax

Thanks for those YouTube clips Paul - I've never seen him playing sax before and it was really interesting. What a talented guy.

Rhys

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom