support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Finally Landed a Bari

Jazzaferri

Locality
Victoria BC Canada
Went into Massullo Music in Vancouver on a whim and there it was. A recently overhauled (incl pads) Martin stencil Vito. Been a long search to find a decent bari with comfortable ergos for my hands but the price was right Only a Bb so I will have to work on leg stuffing a Bari

Pictures would be great.

Is it made by Martin and marked as a Vito, or the other way around ? The old Martin I had was a great baritone, probably the best sounding bari I have played.

Rhys

Congrats. Something tells me it's going to make you very happy. Now all you need is a decent mouthpiece... Dare I suggest the PPT power?

I ve never heard of Martin Vito baris!!!!!
Photo please!

I've seen Yani stencil Vitos and Yani stencil Martins, but not a Martin stencil Vito before. I would love to see the pics. In any event, I'll bet the horn is a player. Congratulations on the new addition!

Its a Vito made by Martin I am told. I have yet to play it only had time to put my fingers on it to confirm the ergos before I had to rush off but the tech there who I know says its a sweet one and has the Martin vibe.

Will post pics when I get it.

Its a Vito made by Martin I am told. I have yet to play it only had time to put my fingers on it to confirm the ergos before I had to rush off but the tech there who I know says its a sweet one and has the Martin vibe.
Congrats on your find.

If people keep harping on this point it is only because this sounds very peculiar, as the first Vitos are understood to have been contracted to Beaugnier, France , then later assembled in Kenosha, then some made in Nogales, then after that for a very short time in the late 70's subcontracted Conn, then to Yamaha and Yani, then Jupiter, then possibly one more asian mfr. before Vito got bought out by Conn Selmer Inc and sax production was discontinued.

So to discover that Martin, Indiana actually made a Vito....that'd be very interesting.

You say the ergos are good....this is vintage style keywork, yes ? (If Martin, it would have to be).

It's like trees talking. Congrats on buying a horn 4 years ago. Can you play it yet? ;)
LOL...thanks for that :oops: dunno exactly why someone would resuscitate this thread, or how they'd even find it to begin with......

I fell in the trap too! :w00t:

Not the first time, most likely not the last... :rofl:

I predict a bout of food poisoning on the forum if nobody checks the date on things. Don't eat the blue/green cheddar.

I predict a bout of food poisoning on the forum if nobody checks the date on things. Don't eat the blue/green cheddar.

After weeks of intensely checking dates and values and codes, I thought I could have a break as I'm off work for a few weeks. But not! :w00t:

Back
Top Bottom